View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:42 am

Anyone got news of what they are at for next season?
I know of at least 6 new/returning drivers which can only be good and there are probably more which i dont know about.
I would like to wish Colin Goodswen good luck in f1 you will be missed in the v8s.
Great to hear Robert harris is returning ,another top driver and double world champion to boot.
We will still be using the ex Blomfield/pearce/driscoll car next season ,but will fit a peter knight engine and re bumper and side iron it.
Anyone know anything about anything please put it on this forum as it is just too quiet on here at the moment
and its good to read what you have planned or been up to or heard!
Yours Rob2
ps MECHANICS SPECTATORS SPONSORS SUPPORTERS its nice to read your veiws also.

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjg on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:13 am

Have to agree with you Rob, this forum is far too quiet & with all the doom & gloom that's around at the moment, it's nice to go on a website and try to enjoy the facts or the banter.

Good to hear that there are more drivers for next season & some new cars being built. Didn't fancy treating yourself to an ex Burton machine Rob?

Looking forward to the Grand Final at Wimbledon in Nov, which should be another cracking race!
Who would you fancy to win? Burton? Scott jnr? Pete Ross went well last time at Wimbledon, so he could be a dark horse. If it's wet then Burton, if dry it could be Scott jnr.

Regards.

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2009

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:55 am

Hi Rob,

Who's the 6 chaps that you know of for next year?? Just interesting to see who their is... I should be out with the new car at some point early on, Dad will get his car back all ready to race for next year with a new HRD Engine (HARRIS RACING DEVELOPMENTS to you and me) Lol... I know that Barry Barnard previous car should be out on track with th guy from round the Luton area, not too sure how much of a regular driver he will be?? Hopefully he'll be in touch on here!!

I agree we are very lazy so an so's as far as gossiping!! Ha ha...

Daryl, V8 #32...
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige on Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:28 am

i want to play but Crying or Very sad

bignige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:56 pm

The Moss family 3 will be back at some point together. We are not going to be racing at in the last two weeks of March thou. Colin may finish the car he has been not building since this time of last year!!!!.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:39 am

Hi ,
well the ones i think i know about!!

ROB HARRIS (31) ,JOHN TURNER (323) , RUSS WILLIAMS (28) , Rob sellar has a new lad in his stable who is in the process of re-building a car + he is helping the son of an f1 driver to get sorted for next year. And darren saunders should be out in the o conner ex hire car. so anymore i would love to know ,its looking good.
oh and Ian Moss as well . sorry to miss you out previously.
Who to win at wimbo? well Scotty jnr was pretty unstoppable at yarmouth, but you cant rule out any of the superstars.
And i would love the Burton car... any sponsors out there!!
See you at wimbledon

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8funscribe on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am

Hi! All,

Quick line to say I've written a very positive news piece on the formula for Short Circuit magazine regarding the all-action climax to this season and the exciting prospects for next season - it should appear in the November edition of the mag.
Whilst I'm here, even though I only saw you guys race at Ipswich it's always a fantastic sight & sound (long-live the bumper!), so thanks to all drivers & crews for their efforts this year. Fingers-crossed next season is even better and that the formula goes from strength-to-strength. Look forward to seeing more of you next year and finally thanks to Ray for his sterling efforts with the forum! Smile

Cheers,

Weggie jocolor

v8funscribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumpy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:10 am

Returning driver is Darren Mitchell one of them now he is out of F1

Grumpy

View user profile http://www.clubclass.org/hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post  jack on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:14 am

I don't think Darren Mitchell is returning, as far as I know he's doing motocross.

jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:42 am

Hi

Remembered 2 more in Barry Amas and Bill Chance.
Hi also to Nigel Trench ,how are you and your family doing mate hope you ok and would love to hear from you via this forum or at wimbo if you going .
Anyone know the grid for the mr ex final? its getting close now and would be nice to know.
see ya

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

final

Post  mjg on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:29 am

Hi everyone,
How many drivers are booked in for wimbo.

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bignige on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:53 pm

thanks for the thought but at the moment it would be to fare for me to travel still a bit sore have had the car running but the girles have taken the workshop keys and hid them up dont think they want me to play at the moment! got me driving ticket back from the d.v.l.c so im a bit more mobil good luck to all that do wimbo sorry for stopping your ipswich round but hey Rolling Eyes

bignige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:35 am

MJG - I'll be going (Daryl Harris #32) and i believe my uncle will be there (Dennis Harris #34), I've also spoken to David Burton and Alan Gray who are also both going!!! Spoke to Spedeworth today who informed me that 15 cars are currently booked in... I know a few are still to book in including my uncle..

Big Nige - Good to hear your making a good recovery and look forward to seeing you out on the track soon!! Well when the family let you back out which i'm sure they've got your best interests at heart...All the best from the Harris Racing Clan...

Come on you lazy so an so's and start booking in a little earlier!! I know your all getting on a bit and it is sometimes hard to pick up the phone and book in...Ad don't try hibernating too early as we've still got one left!!! Ha ha.... Very Happy

Regards,

Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8funscribe on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:50 am

Just to let you know my positive PR piece has been published in the latest edition of Short Circuit Magazine (November issue) and also got a mention on Roger's Oval Pages, so that's another plug for you!
Big Nige: I hope to be able to come and see you after Christmas and do a feature for Short Circuit - your unfinished racing career would make fascinating reading I'm sure!
Bit of news now about a new V8 Radio Control Car club that is having a trial meeting in the Ipswich area next week - it features pukka look-a-like V8 body shells mounted on 1/10th scale drift cars and they corner just like they're on shale! Great fun - I'll confirm details about the club in a week or two.

In the meantime, anyone got a photo or two of Brisca legend #471 Bobby Burns? I want to paint my bodyshell in his colours and would greatly appreciate some snaps or a pointer to someone who may have them. Many thanks! Smile

Good luck to all on Sunday - looking forward to reading who did what to whom!!! Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Weggie jocolor

v8funscribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 am

Weggie,

You'll find that Bobby Burns is at most meetings with the Scott's as i believe he is related to the Scott's/Ahern's...Other than that give the Scott's a bell through Ahern Waste Management!!!

Also my cousin Robert Harris used to do the indoor radio controlled stuff with Roy Jones and Ian Skinner years back...Would be good to see some picture's at some stage??

Regards,

Daryl Harris V8 #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8funscribe on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 am

Thanks for the info. Daryl.
That sounds like the 1/12th R/C Stox. I used to race them too and actually started the club here in Ipswich that raced them for many years. Used to go to Cambridge and lock horns with Roy Jones as well and did a few of the "national" meetings at clubs like Rugby, High Wycombe & Medway - plus the NEC.
Rest assured I'll be trumpeting the new club and posting some pics in due course!
Cheers,

Weggie jocolor

v8funscribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  plilley on Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:29 am

in reply to v8funscribe - if you go to this link
http://www.briscaf1stoxpics.co.uk/Drivers/451%20to%20500/471bb.htm
you should find a whole load of bobby burns 471 cars
bye for now Smile

plilley