Open wheel festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Open wheel festival

Post  chippy396 on Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:07 am

Would it not be a good idea ,now that Dean runs Northamton ,to run an open wheel festival.It could feature V8S', F1,F2,SUPERSTOX,HOTSTOX ect.I'm sure it would bring in the crowds & give them a wider prospective on the racing thats available to them.If Perhaps done properly & well advertised it may even bring in major sponsers & media coverage.I have spoken to alot of drivers from all formulas & most are in agreement.I think Brafield would be an ideal venue as it is central to everyone.Perhaps we could also run a champion of champions race with world ,euro,Brittish champions from each formula in one type of car & if sucessful have it each year with a different formula.
It's just a thought but in these difficult times maybe every promoter & driver needs to pool resorses to bring punters to the turnstiles & keep oval racing alive.Plus it would be good fun.
Your veiws are welcome

chippy396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Open wheel festival

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:52 am

Hi Chippy,

Think that this would be a very good idea!! I've actually got some plans in the New Year to look into but my plan is to try and organise a Charity Race of Oval Champions...Seen as i'm a serving member of the armed forces in the RAF i'm going to try and do this for the Help for Heroes Charity...Thinking top Two drivers from F1,F2,National,Supers,National Banger and maybe some others formula's dependant on who's willing to play game!!! Not forgetting maybe the V8's...
Hopefully this would get good support from all the drivers and the spectators and i'm sure some of the turnstile money will part be donated!!
Think this is a good choice as a charity as it's to help our wounded servicemen and women injured in current conflicts...

Thoughts anyone?? Worth organising??

Regards Daryl Harris V8 #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:46 pm

Hi Daryl and Chippy

This sound like a great idea and would bring lots of people together to celebrate our unique form of motorsport in the uk. It would be a fantastic meeting and the "Heros" charity would be deserving choice.

If you are going to go ahead with this idea and need any help i would be more than willing to help as much as i could.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Also just come to me If the rebles were also invited along they would be ideal for the champions race as they are all the same and have hire cars avalible!

This "oval Heros racing for our Heros" is sounding like an excellent idea the more i think about it.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Re open wheel festival

Post  chippy396 on Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:00 am

Having spoke to Darryl today it seems like this has had a very positive response.I think that we need to contact Deane & start the ball rolling on this ASAP so that if he's in agreement he could add it into the fixtures for 2009 .We also need to contact the other formulas & get their feedback.If anyone has any contact details could they forward them onto me via the forum & I would be glad to start the ball rolling.Who knows maybe we could even get the X factor finalists to perform the Heros song at the event raising the profile even more.
It's strange that we were both thinking on similar lines so it just goes to show that the forum works & if more people used it to express constructive ideas it could do nothing but good to make the V8s the great formula we all know it is.

chippy396

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top