Is it worth having a website and forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it worth having a website and forum?

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:51 am

Considering how quiet it has been throughout the closed season and the start of the new one, is it really worth the effort keeping the website and forum going? I don't mind doing them but again, particularly the website, requires support from those involved in the V8s. Let me know your thoughts via this thread.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it worth having a website and forum?

Post  dave2175 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Admin wrote:Considering how quiet it has been throughout the closed season and the start of the new one, is it really worth the effort keeping the website and forum going? I don't mind doing them but again, particularly the website, requires support from those involved in the V8s. Let me know your thoughts via this thread.

i have been posting messages on here but it seems not many want to reply!! I have also emailed pictures to help out whenever i can so my answer would be yes i would like to see both keep going!

dave2175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 am

I would just like to add that this post is not aimed at those who do already contribute to the site, and/or forum.
It's more so for those who can't be bothered or simply refuse to do so. If you are one of those, what are your reasons?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dave2175 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:37 pm

Admin wrote:I would just like to add that this post is not aimed at those who do already contribute to the site, and/or forum.
It's more so for those who can't be bothered or simply refuse to do so. If you are one of those, what are your reasons?

no i fully understand that and as long as you are running both i will continue to contribute!

dave

dave2175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is it worth having a website & forum.

Post  mjg on Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 am

To their credit it's the same drivers who attend & support the formula, and it's the same few drivers who post anything on this forum, the rest is made up of keen followers who must be getting quite frustrated at the lack of interest shown by the remainder of drivers.

I enjoy this forum & it's content, but it needs more driver input. The whole formula needs more unity as it's appearing to be full of individuals not helping it's future.

Sorry to be glum, but tonight was predictable.

Regards to all.

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 am

Hi,

I think the forum interest reflects the whole formula at the moment. I admit i drove like a novice last nite but what chance do you have when the blues are coming past at full tilt as the green flag drops!
I do feel sorry for the likes of Lee peirce though as he raced 1300s at Aldershot then v8s at wimbo just a shame we didnt have more cars, and thank goodness 2 hire cars were out or it would have been even worse.
Aldershot in 2 weeks so lets pray we get more cars on track for all our sakes drivers and fans alike.

See you all there hopefully

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjg on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:52 am

Just to add on the subject of flyer's on the rolling start, it was so obvious from the stands that the higher grades were right on top of the grades below them. I know this happens in all formulas but it does kill it as a race as they are soon down to the whites/yellows. It was like watching a practice session.

I also hope that more turn out at Aldershot and that Mr Burton is there as the guy is quality on the track & was definately missed at Wimbledon.

Finally, at the moment this formula just seems to be floating around not knowing where it's heading, does it need a spokesman? You all own cars that are not selling and if numbers don't increase, they could pull the plug on it, and your then stuck with cars with no formula. C'mon guys getting booking in...

Regards to all

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi all,

Well i truly believe that this forum is well worth keeping, as you are able to obtain views and opinions which are a valuable asset to any formula!!! I believe that we don't have too many drivers on hear as most don't get too involved with the internet in general?? And also some people will feel they can not constructively criticise without being shot down by someone?? (Hopefully the forum administrator will grip this as he/she has done recently)...

MJG - I do believe i heard that a few guys were making big jump starts at the weekend and agree from a spectators point of view this isn't ideal!!! Maybe the clerk of the course needs to grip this to make the racing more competitive at a later stage in the race...
I'm sure that Mr Burton and Snr may appear if they wish but i'm sure things will survive!!! Agree it would be good to see them both as the cars are always finished to a high standard and seen as David Burton is the current Ambassador of the GOLD ROOF in the formula!!!

All formula's are struggling in this present climate and will do for the majority of this year, people need to remember that Stock Car racing is a hobby sport and is the first thing to be put to one side when things are hard!! This might explain why cars aren't being sold currently but will eventually... I regularly speak to all the current drivers and those that are due out soon before every meeting to help rally together the troops!!! Ha ha...We do have two driver spoke persons, Peter Scott and John Turner!!!

Bye the way MJG, who are you and how are you involved in the formula?? Just interested??

Regards

Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JT Racing on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:46 am

Well said Daryl, yes the forum can be good and a lot of what you say is true.

Well done forum administrator for taking control of the 'banter? that was not promoting the formula
As you know we have always supported and promoted the V8's and feel that every one with a vested interest should be possitive and be an ambassador for the sport.

Remember, we are open to any constructive, sensible, suggestions as to ways to boost the formulas profile ie flyers, incentives etc (which I am happy to co-ordinate)
. Drivers meetings have been held in the past and although well attended and chaired don't often deliver satisfactory solutions.

Yours in racing
Rosemary & John
JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mjg on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Daryl.

A decent & spot on reply as normal. I suppose the down side of any forum is that a fair chunk of it can be rumour based rather than fact, but on the whole this is a good website. In an ideal world it would be great if all drivers could use this site to communicate, even if it's to say that they can't make it to a meeting.

Who am I? At present a keen observer & supporter, but with one eye on the for sale page.

Apologies for sounding like a doom & gloom merchant in my last 2 posts. Just a bit frustrated as this formula has so much potential.

I must have missed the lively posts recently.

Regards..

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top