CHANGES?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CHANGES?

Post  jack on Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:03 am

If you could change one thing in order to make the V8s cheaper, what would it be?

jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: CHANGES?

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:55 am

Doug Nash Gearboxes!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:55 pm

Admin wrote:Doug Nash Gearboxes!

How do you mean "ban them " or all must use them i personally don't use one but am looking to get one and the price is a stumbling block. I don't think they give any advantage as a lot of drivers use diffrent gear boxes.

Tyres are the thing that bothers me as they are expensive but were not disgned for our cars. But finding am alternative is not easy. Tyres that both superstoxs and Brisca fII use would not be right for the job and no-one has said if we are going to be able to get the Avon tyre in the forseeable future.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:47 am

Well i think overall the formula is pretty well balanced, the Doug Nash gearbox are good strong gearboxes but intially expensive but will possibly save you money in the long term!! It's hard for me to comment as i use the ZF Gearbox, which are fine providing you don't snatch the throttle in contact...
The quick change rear axle that has been mentioned in the past i believe will be the wrong way to go as they are still as costly and a whole lot larger than the axles we are currently using!!!
The Lee Barnard way may be a good option... Ford 9" rear axle which you can buy the gears for and can be bought at a reasonable price also enabling you to run the ZF Box in top gear??? (Thoughts??)

As for the tyres Brad, i feel they can be pricey but at the same time for the cost they wear pretty well... The problem like you said the Hoosiers will require a lot of maintenance and not too sure if they will carry the weight of a V8 and also the same with the Yokey's!! See if you can find an alternative and maybe we can discuss them and test them??? By the way Brad, can you give me a call or text - 07956 358 918!!! need your number!!!

Regards Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum