Aldershot 12-04-09

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aldershot 12-04-09

Post  Luke_Bantin on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:57 am

Hi All
I would just like to say well done to all the V8 drivers & there teams for putting on a good show. It was really nice to talk to most of you there. Everyone I spoke to really made me feel welcome. Thanks again for taking time out from your cars & having a chat. Well done to Brad for winning the first heat, after making his first outing of the season, but how can we stop scott jr from running away with things. Well done to him for winning heat 2 & the final. He just seem to fly around the track & without a large wing on top of his car. How does he do it?
Anyway well done to everyone again & lets keep the numbers going up.

Best regards
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aldershot 12-4-09

Post  V8 Supporter on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:54 am

Hi All,

What a good show the V8's put on today,It was good to see Brad Moss win the first heat
18 cars on track in heat 2 it looked awful busy on the track the drivers were all out to make people
sit up and take note of the V8 Stockcars, even the lower grade drivers seemed to in with a shout
The formula should now get better with showings like today
i heard a rumor that 1 of the V8 drivers comes from Wales is this True ?
Well Mr Scott Junior just seems to fly.

Well Done am looking forward to Ipswich.

Yours In Racing
V8 Supporter

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aldershot 12-04-09

Post  Luke_Bantin on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi V8 Supporter
Colin Moss #85 comes from Wales & Rob Scott #666 comes from Hartlepool.

Luke
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aldershot 12-4-09

Post  V8 Supporter on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the answer, to the driver from Wales
its good to see that people will travel to take part,
Spedeworth have some drivers from far afield, Hartlepool was a Brisca racing area.
And Wales does not seem to have any stockcar people.

Thanks
V8 supporter.

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Aldershot 12.4.09.

Post  mjg on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 pm

Hello to all.

Well done to all for a good day's racing. A massive improvement on the previous meeting and the rolling starts were spot on, which gave the lower grades half a chance in the race. Scott jnr certainly had to work harder for his victories, so well done to him & also Brad Moss.

Yet to see a naff V8 meeting at Aldershot & you guys look very quick on that new surface.

Well done again.

Regards to all....

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 Supporter on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 am

Hi,

Been doing some reserch,
Colin Moss #85 he was the man that had a hand in building Aldershot,i believe he built the wall and put up the steel plate.
He must be keen to try out his work !!
Am i right in thinking that Ian moss is related to Colin in some way ?
Aldershot seems to be the place for the V8's to make their mark.

Thanks
V8 Supporter

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:07 am

Hi all,
I have to say that i have never seen so much interest from the supporters as we had at Aldershot, lots of people asked when we were there again and asking about the engines etc.
I think this is poss our best track as it is fast wet or dry and i have to say superbly constructed.
If for some reason we dont get ippy i feel perhaps an extra Aldershot would fit the bill instead, as i can see us attracting a good fan base there which surely would benifit both us and spedeworth on the whole. BUT lets hope we get the cars and put on a show for any doubters left out there, hopefully not many after the excellent Aldershot!
P.S. Like the picture at the top!

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:58 am

Hi V8 Supporter

Colin Moss #85 is Brad's #815 uncle. Also Ian Moss #875 who has raced last year sometime is Brad's dad. Colin (Mr Excavator) also sponsored the V8 series last year. I'm also sure that Colin did have some part in building the new Aldershot track. Hope this helps you. Also you can try there website.

http://www.8one5.piczo.com

Regards
Luke
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 Supporter on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:09 am

Hi Luke,

Thanks for that, It seems that Ian #875 is Colins Elder Brother, They have 4 other brothers that have raced
in Brisca F2 's so perhaps there's more to join the V8's.
We could see the numbers swell on the grid to 25 as an average per meeting, that would really be worth seeing.

Been trawling old programs for this information.

Kind Regards
V8 Supporter.

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:21 am

Hi all

On the subject of Colin moss, i apologise for turning in front of you in the final, i looked in the mirror and didnt see any cars close ,as my car was missing badly i was trying to get to the infeild then bang! i must have collected you full chat as both the main chassis rails are broken on my car behind the front bumper, we will weld them where they sit for now so we can do ipswich, i hope your car is ok and hopefully see you there.
Really enjoyed the meeting and looking at the homepage we should get the cars for ipswich and beyond.
Sounds like their are lots of Moss boys out there ,maybe in the near future you could have a heat on your own to see which ones the best!!
Regards Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:56 pm

As for the family.

The 3 of us are very much comitted to the v8's and are really enjoying the racing and the community of drivers and people that come along. a few more drivers each week so far this season and looking to continue.

Dads car "875" is now in the workshop so we can straighten out the main rails and start to get him back out on track by the end of the year.

Two other members of the family have Rebels at the moment and seem to be really enjoying that and another brother has a FII. Colins Twin brother David can always be found working on our cars at the meeting along with Keith the eldest and his son Dan, so as you can see its a real family thing racing.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 Supporter on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the information on the family,Just been on your web site and see that you have 2 new sponsors
thats good news.
can us supporters do anything to help ?

Thanks
V8 Supporter.

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 am

I Think i speak for all of the drivers when i say that any donations or support in anyway be it financial or otherwise is always welcomb.

I think alot of the v8 drivers race on a limited budget and are always looking for some help.

If you want to come and have a chat at Ipswich i am always avalible to chat.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:33 am

Hi all, cheers

thought that the racing at aldershot was the best i've seen all season.
cyclops

also on a post that was made about the moss famiely, is that the same Ian moss that won a F2 world semi at bristol with a 2 litre engine which i think might of been a first way back when. study

any response would be gr8

$hammerman$ afro

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jack on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 am

Hi, yes it is. I'm sure Brad will fill you in with all the details when he's back on line, Jack

jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Hi all

Yes you are correct dad did win the world semi final at Bristol in his first full season in 88.
He was the first driver to do so with the the pinto 2ltr engine. His car at the time was a Forsyth chassis with leaf springs on the rear and was not really a tarmac car but he was forced to use it because his other cars were out of action. Before the race started he put a full set of wet tyres on and everyone laughted at him until five laps in when the heavens opened and everyone else started going backwards. Needless to say it was his finest moment and the trophy has pride of place in my parents living room. my memory is not to great of the day as i was only 5 or 6 but it started my love affair with stock car racing.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 Supporter on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Brad,

I was at Bristol that day,I think the car was named THE ALL RED FIRE TENDER after the semi final
Ian had a great sense that day to put all new boots on the car and i can remember people in the crowd saying
that will never be any good here but the rain came and he just walked away from the stars of the day to a fantasic win.

Thanks for the memories

V8 Supporter.

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:27 pm

"The all red fire tender" i will have to get some photos of it for the web site a true beautifully ugly car.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 am

Hi all,

would be great to see some photos brad, still on subject of the famiely, i was speaking to an older member of the famiely today who said that there was a kieth moss who used race the superstox back in the late 70s, is this a relation to you brad as well? Question Question

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 Supporter on Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:17 am

Hi,

In answer to your question keith raced a superstock in the 70's his no was 172,he shared a car with his brother
Neil who's no was 171.
I believe that their first car was purchased from David oates whose no was 409, they then purchased a ex John Fenton car which was badly bent at Wimbo,before Neil splash
ed out on a Colin Higman chassis.

So Stock cars really are in the blood for this family.

Thanks
V8 Supporter

V8 Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Yes Keith did race a super and was the one that started it all.

He used to go stock car racing with a Gentleman who used to live down the road from him when he was younger and then they started taking the other brothers when they got interested in the stories he would come back with.

Keith has two sons and the yougest being Dan who is quite keen to have a go in a car. But like all of us money is the decieding factor but who knows.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:43 am

thanks guys for the answers, stockcar racing is truly ground into your blood Very Happy

THE $hammerman$

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top