What did everyone think of Aldershot? 24 May

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What did everyone think of Aldershot? 24 May

Post  jack on Tue May 26, 2009 6:52 am

Drivers and spectators alike, what did you think about the V8s last meeting?

jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What did everyone think of Aldershot? 24 May

Post  Luke_Bantin on Wed May 27, 2009 2:47 am

Hi All
The racing was like the weather "Hot Hot Hot".
The first heat was very lively with bumpers flying in & cars going all over the place. Pete Ross took a big hit from Neal Smith & thankfully Pete was ok, but didn't take part in the rest of the meeting.
A well done to Peter Scott jr on his three wins. Can anyone stop him?

Thanks as well to all the teams for stopping & taking time out to have a chat with us.

Reagrds
Luke
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dave2175 on Wed May 27, 2009 4:30 am

Hi

I have to say that it was a fantastic sight in the first heat looking at all the red tops lined up on the back straight. I heard that Peter Ross damaged the chassis in the first race hence he took no further part in the meeting.

Neal Smith looked straight at home in the V8's adn was really smoking the tyres and the other thing i noticed was that Peter Scott jnr was very wary when he overtook him in heat 2.

Again well done to all the drivers on a great showing. Also would like to say that another driver that caught my attention had to be Alan Gray for smoking the tyres all the way in the final.

Imagine what it would be like at Aldershot with nearly 30! The mind boggles!!

Dave

dave2175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu May 28, 2009 12:49 am

taken from the allstox.co.uk website and thought you would all like to see it. Posted by Stevie G

Subject: Re: ALDERSHOT V8 and 1300 STOX UPDATES Mon May 25, 2009 12:35 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What a great day's racing at Aldershot. I went for the V8s and 1300 Saloon Stocks but even the 16 bangers were entertaining. The way the bangers performed was reminiscent of when I raced them at Ringwood in '73/'74 - racing and spinning without the inexplicable 'follow-ins' and 'blow-ups' of national bangers today. (I like that too, by the way ) It was the first time I've seen 'rookie' bangers over the figure eight circuit, and only the second time with ANY bangers since the seventies. (Spedeworth have dropped 'rookie' from the domestic bangers name, I believe).

The 1300 saloon stock cars were good through their 3 races, but what happened to the Tigras I saw last year? Have they been outlawed now? I had thought them perhaps a bit too 'open' for a heavy contact formula, but it made for a lot of variety sadly lacking with the bigger saloons both National and Spedeworth. Nice to see the Starlets still winning races - RWD, get it while you can!

The V8s were very good to watch even though the day started with just 21 of them. 30 to 35 would be awesome, but I've always said that about the southern F1 and V8 scene! The first race saw mayhem on the pit bend with Neal Smith and others clattering the wall early on as they were going too fast for the tyres they use. Those that didn't pick up damage then were a tad more cautious through the rest of the race, but there wasn't a huge amount of contact."

Several things struck me, having not seen S V8s since the racing with Hotstox/V8s at NIR about 10-12 years ago. Firstly there is a wide variety of cars - these have personality and uniqueness though not all are pretty! Secondly, the tyres they have to use mean a lot less grip and more spectacle in the corners (with an exception I'll mention shortly). Thirdly, overall they look in many ways a lot more like BriSCA F1s than Hotstox, and might even be able to hold their own racing with them as at least some have Chevy 350ci engines - though they're lighter (by the looks of them).

Peter Scott Junior dominated today, winning easily but disappointingly unspectacularly. His car is noticeably different, more like a superstox on steroids even including their little wing, and he went round on rails while almost every competitor was sliding the corners to a greater or lesser degree. Sorry to say but if the secret of his success (setup, I suppose) gets out, it'll kill the spectacle that still exists in this formula. On today's showing, S-V8s should have a secure future but something is missing. Is it that a formula that was meant to be cheap(er) actually isn't? The cars look as hi-tec as BriSCA F1, and at least one car today was a FWJ-built.

I had to smile today when I noticed an outside front tyre had BRISCA moulded into it. I've seen this before but only on a F2

Can I add, finally, that my observations above are just that, observations. I have found little to read about Spedeworth stuff so can only base my views on what I see. Suffice to say that I was entertained today and will return for what would be 4th (or is it 5th?) trip!

I know its a long one but hey!
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Thu May 28, 2009 7:52 pm

I THOUGHT THE MEETING WAS GOOD

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Fri May 29, 2009 8:37 am

wot is the point of the website if wot u put on there gets deleted off here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri May 29, 2009 9:15 am

Taken from 'Forum Rules':

Unacceptable Forum Content:
Swearing, even where words which are disguised using other symbols instead of letters.
Personal insults, Abusive or threatening remarks.
No personal attacks on 'teams', 'team members' or their 'Families'.
Any content which may provoke other forum members, or disrupt the operation of the forum.
Any content which may be interpreted as discrediting V8 Stock Car Forum, v8stockcars.co.uk,
the Sport, its participants, supporters or promoters.
Any content which generally could be interpreted as inappropriate or offensive to any party or individual.

Need I say more?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top