Ideas/Suggestions to push the formula forward

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ideas/Suggestions to push the formula forward

Post  Tim Piper on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 am

Admin wrote:If there is a meeting, it has already been stated that a Spedeworth representative would be invited. The key to solving the situation is to find out why a lot of the drivers with cars have not been racing. I don't think any of those drivers are registered on the forum so we're not going to find out on here. If anyone knows the contact details of any such drivers, try and get them on the forum. As I have said before, we all need to pull in the same direction for the benefit of the formula. Certain other drivers are registered on the forum but as yet have not posted any comments.

yes you are ignoring the obvious, invite spedeworth but only on a casual basis, sorry to say for as long as this is the approach you are going nowhere as really there view is nothing because you all know better , good luck as you will need it, last post on the subject.

Tim Piper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Moving the formula forward

Post  Old Trucker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:12 pm

In my view, Spedeworth are interested only in car numbers and thus people through the gate. Until an action plan, to hopefully achieve these aims, is drawn up to put before Spedeworth to either agree, disagree or amend talks would be pointless. Until an action plan is drawn up on some sort of timscale I don't believe we will move on from here.

Best regards

Brian, dogsbody and gofer 521, 125

Old Trucker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:10 am

Maybe the answer is getting half a dozen 'beginners' cars ready for sale, with a price bracket of around 2500? That way anyone interested in the formula can buy a reasonsbly priced car that'll get them started that has a standard 350 engine in the car and the cars are ready to go?

Then when they've spent a year or so in the cars they'll be ready for a quicker machine and so they can then look at the more expensive red/blue top cars that would be for sale??

On a thought...not sure if it's possible to build a complete car (5 or 6 identical ones) for around 1500?, with the rest for a cheap 350 engine, through getting a 2nd hand block, set of rods, pistons, 76cc heads etc.

Again something for people to think about....

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

moving forward

Post  skunkworks on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:18 am

do i here limit prices on exhaust systems, independent front suspensions, ignition systems and build cars for 2500. we might as well rename this formula historic stockcars. as for building cars for 2500 you cant even buy a new ready to race kart for that money,lets get in the real world.
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:41 am

Well at least it provoked a response from someone...

It was only a thought, it certainly wouldn't be easy...maybe 3500-4000 is more realistic for a basic entry car and engine?
If people aren't interested in purchasing 2nd hand front running cars (ie Colin Goodswen's) for 5k all ready to race inc. spares...then something needs to be done. or should we all just make the cars into nice little garden ornaments?

As I said before, is that what people are looking at to help get more people into the formula (cheaper/more affordable cars)? or not?
Limit spend on certain areas of the car? or keep everything as is and see if more people get involved?

Not many people seem to be coing back with much comment??????
Other than that, find a harder tyre and it doesn't matter what people spend on the car...only so much power can be used before spinning wheels on the tarmac!

Though, on the other hand, people who've raced V8's in the past have gone into Super's etc, and spent a lot more than 5k on racing with little return.
So maybe the money's out there it's just the fact they're V8 Stock Cars that puts people off?

I have no influence in the formula at present, (I'm not even registered), we know the formula is around next year...do we know anything further than that? I'm all for moving the formula into the future, not really into histroic/classic cars...though quite a few of the drivers are from that era!!!!

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:13 am

Are people forgetting they're stock cars we're talking about?
Wouldn't rev limiters work to a point? Standard manifolds? Etc?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:00 am

Well it seems we know the thoughts in general of those already registered...about time we got to find out the opinions of the others who race and don't race!

Anyone in contact with those who're not racing and who are...and get them online...

So are people interested in going with a single one engine formula now?
Anyone know how many 283's/302's are actually in cars and racing at the moment? or Ford's either 302/351?

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Thats the whole point. we need to find out what is going on with the cars that are not racing.
Are they for sale?
Are they scrap?
Would the owners be willing to let others use them at meetings if they wont?
What needs to be done to get the cars running?

All these ideas about rule changes are all well and good but if we don't get a consistantly high number of cars at meetings next year it won't matter what rules you/we want in place. I have heard Deane say in the past "Im not changing the rules for 11 cars" (or somthing along those lines)

Its all about car numbers next year and we need to find cars and put pilots in them.

is there anyway we can get in contact with car owners that are not registered and find out what the crack is. (i dont mind ringing around and im sure others wont mind either) Then we could get a list going of what cars are about and who is driving them.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Possible cars and drivers to re join us next year?

Post  Peter Scott Jnr 99 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:17 pm

I agree with Brad and others

Deane has always said he would look into things once we had numbers, we started the season well and numbers only dropped of the last few meetings. Deane has given us another season / chance to save the formula

I am sure someone had a list of cars and drivers registered and not registered who are not racing and reasons?

They are the only ones who can tell us why they are not racing etc....

We are only talking about 5 to 10 more regular drivers to keep our numbers up

We need to find out who is in this season and who is out based on the rules, regs and politics we have going on or we wont have a formula to change rules on

I am also happy to ring around to find out real reasons why they are not racing even if its me !!

On a positive note Betsy might be sold to the Chance Camp for next season, But if not will look at getting someone else in it for the season!

Cheers

Peter Scott Jnr

Peter
Peter Scott Jnr 99

View user profile http://www.ahern.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:58 am

Sorry forgot to mention the other day that my new engine build doesn't include labour as my father is doing it gratis!!! Still a cheap engine which will be full race prep'd...

Totally agree with the latest few posts with regards to Deane Wood's views and opinions, we need to gather up and collate how many regular drivers are going to commit to 2010 and those who will only make a select few!!!

Peter, Your old man has that full list which i worked on early this year and i may have a copy somewhere!! I have spoken to Paul Wainwright last week who has assured me he will be out at the start of 2010...Still think a drivers meeting is required to invite those that aren't racing to find out the reasons and if they would be willing to lend the cars out!! We can then discuss what things to do to help the 2010 season (one season at a time with long term aspirations for seasons to come!!)

I have phoned round all these said driver for the current year but with need to get true committment to push forward! If not then they need to sell there cars at a realistic price rather than living in a dream world...

I'll start by selling my old car for 1800, the car comes complete minus engine and clutch!! I mean complete as in the radiator is there with hoses, exhaust system, seat, belts, dials, brakes, the lot...Just put and engine and clutch in and your racing!!! My number is further up these posts...

Those drivers that are watching but not speaking then find some cahuna's and let your views be heard and we may get somewhere!!! Laughing Laughing

Regards,

Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 am

Thanks Brad, Peter and Daryl...looks like we're moving along on here at last....was only saying to Ray (Admin) earlier, it was like pulling teeth.

Well it looks like we need a drivers opinion/ringing round. What about a letter to all registered drivers from the past 3-4seasons? (assuming someone has that info). Asking them whether they would commit to next year? If not why not? List a few items they see as preventing them racing?
Maybe Rosemary could collate the info...then we can go a get a drivers meeting organised to discuss the results from the ringing and letters.
Ringing round would get them feeling part of the formula and wanted, the letters may confirm that want??

If the letter replies are optional anonymous? Perhaps we might get some straight answers? People seem to like keeping their cahunas to themselves and not on display...

I'll even supply to envelopes and stamps/postage and print the letters on behalf of everyone if it helps? Just need to know what to put on the paper!

Only one point with regards cars numbers etc, I wasn't aware Deane wouldn't think about rules with 11 cars. News to me...maybe I should have attended more meetings this year! I would guess there are around 40-45 cars around with varying owners, getting 50% turnout at most meetings this year with a few exceptions isn't bad...we need in addition to the drivers with cars and spare cars on track to get 25-30 cars on track, but a bigger pool of drivers to call from when the numbers drop off from the others????

On a similar note, would something (which was mentioned in a similar fashion previously) top white and top yellow trophy and bonus money at each meeting? All drivers pay a quid per meeting, the pot for the meeting is equally shared between the two top drivers in those grades? No winer can win two meetings on the trot, to help distribute among the lower grade drivers?? with someone/company sponsoring the trophies for the year or so many meetings? With a top points scoring trophy for the end of year for top three, top red, blue, yellow and white?

Rob

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:43 am

Hi,

Just off the top of my head and if i have missed anyone please correct, how many people from this are racing next season,cos if most turned up it would be amazing as it surprised me!
2,4,19,23,28,29,31,32,33,34,35,36,42,45,72,85,89,98,99,117,118,128,155,261,274,323,324,521,547,633,875_+
as mentioned Paul wainwright,any more?
i know its pie in the sky as i dont know everyones circumstances but with a few additions to the list.....
On a positive note i think the interest on the forum has been great as i remember posting and getting no replies for a fortnight! with about 7 registered, but now its flying and lets hope our formula picks up the same.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:46 am

Oh i forgot ,

Come on mjg add yourself to the list!

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  charlieh on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:16 am

tom hardy will be out as now sorted he.s problems out no 619 ex southern champ

charlieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:41 am

Hi Charlieh,

Good news, has Tom got a new car or is it bought/done up etc?

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:05 am

Bob, it's a newly built car..it's been in development for a number of years I think.

Don't forget Lee Barnard??, also Pete Ross has 3? cars, Maurice Sullivan has 2 or 3 cars and Pete Blomfield has 2 cars?

Referring back to an earlier post, I've been attempting to think of possible and realistic ideas to help people who want to race but dont have unlimited budgets...after being down the pub talking about the fact I have a V8, It's got me thinking I must have the wrong idea...maybe we need to have minimum spends with new cars starting at 20k? with all second hand cars costing at least 10k? maybe people want to spend more money?

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am

This may help:
2 Robert Beale, 7 David Burton, 12 Kevin Turner, 20, Darren Saunders, 23 Lee Pearce, 27 Malcolm Burton, 28 Paul Wainwright, 29 Mark Williams, 32 Daryl Harris, 33 Terry Harris, 34 Dennis Harris, 35 Maurice Sullivan, 36 John Saunders, 42 Pete Blomfield, 45 Robert Sellar, 54, Graham Webster, 72 Colin Goodswen, 85 Colin Moss, 89 Bryan Scott, 98 Peter Scott, 99 Peter Scott Jnr, 117 Bill Chance, 125 Peter Gray, 145 Dick Gladden, 155 James Rispin, 183 Mark Guinchard , 235 Stu Blyth, 261 Simon Hogg, 274 Sean Driscoll, 293 Mark Ashby, 298 David Bessent, 323 John Turner, 324 Simon Turner, 521 Alan Gray, 547 Peter Ross, 619 Tom Hardy, 815 Bradley Moss, 875 Ian Moss
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JT Racing on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:35 am

Ray,
how could you forget 31 Robert Harris - your own nephew. naughty naughty Shocked
Robert V831 as said in previous post i will collate info and send out letters keeping people informed. it does seem though that when you mention this you get a reply people don't seem to want to talk to me on here - when I've posted the same thing. What have i done/?
yours in racing
Rosemary

ps some of the drivers you have mentioned won't be out mostly through financial reasons and work commitments
JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:47 am

Oops! To be honest I just copied and pasted it from a couple of years ago.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:55 am

Hi Rosemary,

I think a newsletter is a great idea as i think quite a few dont use the internet, and i used to look forward to newsletters and info through the post when doing other formulas, and perhaps we could all chip in with postal costs etc.
A fund for our own grade awards seems a good idea also but i dont know others veiws on this,.
Would a questionaire be helpful or not to see what we can do to make our formula better?
yours

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi Rosemary,

Doubt you've done anything wrong...you've always been more than happy to chip in, people know that.

With regards you last comment, well people do seem to be forgetting that we're in a recession so there's likely to be a lack of people with the cash to go racing in general. Even if other formulas are managing, a lot of them aren't either.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

moving forward

Post  skunkworks on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:51 am

its all gone quite. everyone must be down the pub. Laughing
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jmg on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:58 am

I think most things have been said now or people would be repeating themselves.

Any news about a meeting?
jmg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  charlieh on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:08 am

why not form a v8 drivers association to try to get sponsors and discounts on spares like wheels and to try to get some free tyres to try out to find a cheap tyre that suits the cars.

charlieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

moving forward

Post  skunkworks on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:28 am

i like the idea of a drivers association because they can wear a special t- shirt
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top