Gearbox!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gearbox!

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:31 am

Skunkworks,
Why was the gearbox you suggested shelved, you had obviously done reserch on this and i think it sounds pretty good, is it too late to re-introduce it?
surely it could be a cheaper and more reliable to get hold of especially if you also had a gear linkage set up as well.

ROB 2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

gearboxes

Post  charlieh on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:54 am

if its any good the Dutch are using Mercedes van gearboxes

charlieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gearbox!

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:16 am

Anyone at all know about this idea as it seems too good to me to just ignore, after all it could be a better and cheaper option than the doug nash type.And the whole point seemed to be to keep costs down? or am i missing something.

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:24 am

Titch Gardner had a BMW box for sale some time ago. I believe Dave Arnold had most of what Titch had so he could possibly still have it.
I haven't got any contact details for him but no doubt someone else has.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

gearbox

Post  skunkworks on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:43 am

if you are seriously interested with have a kit here that i put in betsy when jnr raced it. it uses a 4 speed bmw box the flange is the same as the volvo / cf flange. it uses a titon hydraulic thrust bearing that bolts straight in.what more do you want. no finding slave cylinders off of zephyrs welding up thrust bearings or cutting and shutting fork arms. i supplied the one to titch and roy eaton had one. then they decided to bring 2- speeds .back. no more interest no more kits just loads of laser cutting money thrown down the drain.
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 am

Hi, thanx for the replies,

Iam interested but not only for myself ,as i think this could benifit the whole formula regards cost and back up with parts and technical advice as you obviously know what you are talking about.
What does anyone else think as i for one cant afford to go down the doug nash route,+ in time poss be the control box for the formula as zfs are getting hard to source.Does this make practical sense?

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top