Potential New Driver

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Potential New Driver

Post  Bert775 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:27 am

Hi, as an introduction my name is Darren Hastings (Bert to my Uncles), although the surname doesn't give any clues I'm the cousin to Brad and Dan Moss and nephew to the Moss Brothers, I've been following Stock Cars for as long as they've been racing and even had a brief dabble in F2 many years ago. I've been watching the boys racing in V8 on and off since Brad started a few years back and am contemplating racing next season with an appearance likely before the seasons over. My concern (as I've discuss with Ian) is the future of the Formula and I don't think I'm alone. It seems there are a number of Drivers willing to commit to V8 Stock Cars although nervous that their hard work and endeavour building a car will be crushed if the Formula was to be pulled.

As suggested in previous posts I don't think it's the cost, although there are some expensive (and beautiful) cars out there this is no different to Superstox or F2's where cars can cost up 10k. Looking at it from the outside it needs someone at the front leading this Formula on, in my eyes it's got real potential, the sounds of a V8 pulling max revs are second to none!!! Would the V8 Stock Car fraternity be able to commit to a 3yr plan to Spedeworth, for example 20 car grids next year 25 car grids the year after and 30 car grids in year 3 ????

I'd certainly like to take part although would need some assurances that I would get at least 3 years racing out of my investment!! What are your thoughts? I'm not trying to stir a hornets' nest here, just want to get everyone pulling in the same direction, thanks

Bert775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Potential New Driver

Post  Admin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:02 am

Copied and pasted from an earlier post:
"Just to confirm, that after the meeting, Deane spoke to JT. He said he wanted "ALL rumours re the V8's being dropped to be squashed." These were Deanes words.
Yours in racing
Rosemary
I know the future of the V8s has been a concern of some for some time now, however the above statement was in June of this year and the sooner people accept that they are here to stay, the better the formula will be for it.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  michael v8 466 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:57 am

I am glad to hear that the V8s are here to stay I know I have not been in the formula very long but what I do know is since I have joined them I have to say the drivers,mechanics and supporting members to the V8s have been out of this world,friendly,very helpful and always make you feel very welcome.

michael v8 466

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert775 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:12 am

BRING IT ON THEN!! Now all I've get to do is finish and sell my Ford AngleBox restoration Zetec Project and we're in business!!!

Seriously that's great news, hope I can get everything sorted for next season, I'll be going to Ipswich end of the month, looking forward to a Mossport victory, thanks

Bert

Bert775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:34 am

LET'S GET ON IT LIKE THE CAR BONNET,

my driver would have raced sunday but his engine went bang saturday at aldershot practice Sad

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top