BIG CHANGES AHEAD?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIG CHANGES AHEAD?

Post  RobV831 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:33 am

Hi all,

Anyone have any ideas as to what these Big Changes that are being planned might be?
I've had my engine rebuilt earlier this year and the car has been slowly coming along, the car's due to be ready for the new year (2011).

Would like to know now what the changes might be before I go ordering any more bits.

Anyone any ideas? or prompts?

Robert Harris

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BIG CHANGES AHEAD?

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:00 pm

PM SENT
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:15 am

Havnt heard anything either, but no surprise there, probably sweeping changes by people not racing, like you i spent alot of time and effort to get car ready, then this crops up, this formula is a fraction of the cost of alot of formula, more cars are out next season, those with cars have no excuse not to be out there, i can only think its down to a lack of bottle in some cases.We have prepared a now race winning car for less than 2 grand with relatively low running costs, with the most costly thing being transport fuel.
Get a grip,Get out there & Get racing Evil or Very Mad
Frustrated Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Hi all,

I have just been delayed slightly from flying out to Afghan and i then read this!!! I for one haven't heard anything in gospel apart from a few ideas that people have been banding around amongst themselves...
Until such time as we the drivers (That get in the cars and race them or are due too in the relative short term) hear anything from either of the two drivers reps or the promoter then we just need to concentrate on what we have and getting the missing driver back out there...

Change may be good for the 'FUTURE' but a plan has to be put together and discussed by both drivers and promoter!!! The drivers reps should inform us of this or any planned changes...

Right I'm off for 4 months but will be watching this spacea and others closely...

Regards, Daryl Harris #32.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Big Changes Ahead?

Post  RobV831 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Well let's hope that the driver reps, the promoter or the 'active' drivers get together to get whatever these changes are sorted so the rest of us know what's happening.

If one of the rumoured changes is taken on board, I won't need to worry about putting the car back together, as I'll need a completely new one!

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 am

Hi Rob ,can you shed any light on the subject?

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BIG CHANGES AHEAD?

Post  RobV831 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:14 am

pm sent

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:20 pm

At the moment the rumors are just that. Hopefully we will all get a say in the decisions that will be made. I have only heard things third hand but the sooner we all get together race and have a chat the better.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:26 pm

i seconde that cole trickle

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BIG CHANGES AHEAD?

Post  RobV831 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:45 pm

Well I've heard the same from a few other sources since I questioned what the changes might be.

But it also appears that it is very much hearsay at the moment.

Hopefully the BOC members or Spedeworth will be letting everyone know what the position is soon.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:12 am

How true it is I don't know but I have been told that one of the changes is that all cars are to have beam axles
only.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

changes ahead

Post  charlieh on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:51 am

roughly that means 5 or 6 cars less that use independant axlesnext year. some of the cars cannot be changed because of the style of the chassis.is this another way of slowing down the few drivers who fly with independant suspension.what it needs is a claiming rule to stop the few who have money' spending a reputed 12 thousand on their engines. people like rob beale race for the love of the sport not to be a big fish in a small pond'they should move on to brisca but are probaly frightened of being just one of the pack.

charlieh

View user profile

Back to top Go down

big changes ahead

Post  skunkworks on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:39 pm

no wonder this formula is in the state it is.if people are going to make bold statements about big changes, shouldnt everyone be informed , rather than rumours and pms being sent. i have to laugh at the suggestion of beam axles only being used.how the hell will that improve this formula. we are in 2010, not 1970. this formula needs to attract people like the rob beales and the guy in the ex pete ross car, not the ive been racing for years, race when i want type of guys and a proper car builder. oh and who would it be that has 12000 in his engine.
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:48 am

Hi, this could be a bit long winded and are my own personal veiws so here goes.
We have to be very careful not to lose any cars that are out there now, and are coming out next season ie mark williams & Rob Harris to name but two, who both have Guymer built cars with independant front ends as does Simon Hoggs. The chassis on these cars wont lend themselves to a beam axle, so are we going to not let them race if the rule comes in? i would hope not. And i cant see how this would be any cheaper as most parts you can get for almost nothing if you look hard enough.And i cant see that they have an advantage over a beam axled car anyway.The biggest cost to anyone is the fuel to get to meets and we cant change that!
Deane wood has said more than a couple of times including Aldershot this season that we have put on a good show,we just need the cars that are sat to make an appearence once in a while and we will look alot more solid. There are more drivers out next season so we need a good showing for these last two meets to get at least a couple more dates in 2011.
Now i know i have said this before but the same thing keeps coming up, in any sport when you have a person winning regular people seem to question why or how are they doing it? Well i have looked at the car in question and can see nothing but a superbly prepared car with a bloody good driver at the wheel, so what if it has alot of time and effort on it or indeed a bit of money spent on it, its a legal car and i for one am inspired by the work that goes into it and want to emulate it and not criticise it. It takes dedication to be top dog (skunk) and we should be grateful that the team put so much effort into our sport. And why go to Brisca anyway when we are a fraction of the cost + we have lost too many racers in v8s and indeed hotstox who have gone f1 for a couple of seasons then stopped racing altogether.
Sorry to go on a bit but ive alot more to say but for now i will stop. We have 91 users on here so come on have a say its your formula too.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Big Changes Ahead - from a board of control member

Post  JT Racing on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 am

I spoke to Ray Wood today and he says has NO IDEA what is being suggested by these changes, neither is he aware of any meeting being arranged. THESE APPEAR TO BE ONLY RUMOURS.

If I hear anything, as normal, all drivers will be informed.

Yours in racing
John 323

JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

BIG CHANGES AHEAD?

Post  RobV831 on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Thanks for the input John, hopefully the rumours can be put to bed now and in my case, can get on finishing the car, or for the others they know where they stand.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michael v8 466 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:55 am

I have only done 7 meetings in the V8s and i can honeslty say I look forward to racing her, unlike the superstox I had for four meetings and sold it I dreaded every meeting.This is such a great formula to be in the running costs are low (fingers crossed) I find the people in the formula so helpful and all help out when needed, I don't mean to keep going on about the subject but if changes are made expect a few phone calls people I wont have a clue but until then I will race with a huge Laughing Very Happy Laughing as normal.

michael v8 466

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drivers meeting

Post  john saunders on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:37 am

spedeworth have arranged a drivers meeting for 29th october at aldershot on rule amendments could someone put a post up after the meeting as i will not be able to go as i would be at work thanks

john saunders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michael v8 466 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:56 am

Is the meeting for all drivers or just a selected few as this is the first i have heard of such a meeting i will not be able to go as i booked up yesterday for a week away might have been there if this information was passed

michael v8 466

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  john saunders on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:24 am

the meeting is for all v8 drivers and is advertised on the spedeworth site

john saunders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michael v8 466 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:20 am

Sorry to all I wont be able to make the meeting nor the final meeting of the year thanks to work commitments I got told today I will be going to Canada for 6 weeks as of the 4th November Sad Sad Sad Sad anyone wanna take my place so I can race ???? all expenses paid

michael v8 466

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michael v8 466 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:25 am

Thanks John just found it on spedeworth site, maybe it should have been put on here as well could someone please put on here what was said at the meeting,and what changes tere are if any as I wont be back till the 7th of December.
Thanks

michael v8 466

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 am

I hope to be going & like you only just found out, but i will post on here + hopefully something official will be put on here by John 323 as well

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Big Changes Ahead

Post  JT Racing on Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:47 pm

John will be going and ofcourse we will be letting drivers know any outcomes, but like the rest of you, only found out about the meeting when told by an ex driver and I saw it when it was posted on the Spedeworth Website on 20.10.2010.

Yours in racing
Rosemary
JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:01 am

Hi John T,

Do you know what it is Spedeworth propose to discuss at this meeting as i would like to pass on any injects i have if allowed!!! If so can you post on here that way i will get a message to someone giving my views and thoughts to be carried!!!

Thanks John...

Daryl (Don't forget me just because I'm on my sunny hols!!!)....
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top