DRIVERS MEETING

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DRIVERS MEETING

Post  Admin on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:31 am

Just thought it would make things easier if we had a seperate topic to cover the meeting. Changes are apparently ahead, some next year and some the following by all accounts.
Over to you now!!!!!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 164
Join date : 2008-01-12
Age : 59
Location : Bushey, Hertfordshire

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  michael v8 466 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi all I am still wondering what changes are ahead as I am still in the dark on this subject

michael v8 466

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DRIVERS MEETING

Post  RobV831 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:46 pm

Me too, wondering what the outcome was?

John T can you shed any light?

RobV831

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 am

Hi to those that made it to the meeting,

I know this isn't always the best place to post stuff reference a formula as it may open up to un-wanted attention from non-drivers and the like but even a PM to those who you know are genuine drivers/potential drivers and existing!!!

Thank you...

Daryl....
avatar
Harris Racing #32

Posts : 123
Join date : 2008-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  moss8one5 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:07 pm

HI

I Attended the meeting on friday night. we all arrived at 8pm and left at around 11pm. Here are the major points that were discussed but i must stress that.

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS FINAL UNTILL ITS IN THE RULE BOOK OR A MEMBER OF SPEDEWORTH STAFF Or a DRIVERS REP CONFIRMS.

Inside weight to be 52.5 % as per all spedeworth formula
standard crete 350ci engines from 2012
Engine restrictor plates to be used (possibly only Blue and Red grade)
95db limit on engine noise but someone suggested silencers from summit racing.
Tyre testing on the Hoosiers with harder side wall.

Things that were discussed but won't be changing.

Wing sizes to be free.
Independent front suspension to still be allowed,
Left foot breaking to still be allowed.


Mucho grasseass

Brad


avatar
moss8one5

Posts : 387
Join date : 2008-01-16
Age : 34
Location : The royal county

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  michael v8 466 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks Brad

michael v8 466

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:57 am

Hi all,

Thanks Brad...Look forward to hearing things a bit more firm soon as I'm just building a new engine and will be a waste of time if the engine rule does change!!! (Who is going to buy a 283 cu in chevy with my compression for a road car!!! I would have to call it a day due to funding at that point me thinks...)

Not what you want to hear thousands of miles away but thing change i suppose!!!

We'll have to see what is said???

Regards, Daryl.
avatar
Harris Racing #32

Posts : 123
Join date : 2008-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minutes of Drivers Meeting 29th October 2010

Post  JT Racing on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:42 am

Below are the minutes of the drivers meeting held on 29th October. Deane has seen and approved the minutes to go on this and the Spedeworth website, he also said he would have sent letters out had he been aware all drivers had not been informed of the upcoming meeting.


Meeting :- held 29th October 2010 At Aldershot

Present:- John Turner , Simon Turner, Peter Scott Snr, Peter Scott Jnr, Deane Wood, Peter Blomfield, Barry Amas, Lee Barnard, Colin Moss , Bradley Moss , Ian Moss, Daniel Moss

Apologies Rob Beale

A meeting was held to discuss rule changes or clarifications.

1. Front Suspension

Regulations are to remain the same, beam or independent. This regulation could be reviewed in the future.

2. Inside and Rear Weights

As from January 2011 the inside weight will be 52.5% max.

Rear weights are still to be confirmed.

Cars found to have incorrect weight distribution could face some form of penalty.

3. Aerofoils

No changes to be made

4. Exhausts

The exhaust pipe is to have a maximum diameter of 3 (750mm).

The exit pipe from the exhaust box is to have a maximum length of 10 (2500mm) and should ideally point down. Deane to clarify rulings on exhaust systems.

5. Driver Aids

The only driver aid that will be permitted inside the cab will be Bias Brake adjustment.

6. Meeting Numbers

Spedeworth will schedule 12 meetings for the 2011 season, but this is dependent on driver commitment, which Spedeworth need to see more of.

7. Driver Representatives

If drivers wish to have a change of representatives then this can be arranged through a ballot.

8. Engines

350 Crate Engines with a 330hp specification will be introduced. These will be the only engine allowed and this will be enforced from January 2012.

January 2011 will see the introduction of restrictor plates. These will be issued to Blue, Red, Superstar and Champion graded drivers. Driver success will decree what size plate you use i.e more wins smaller plates.

Spedeworth will issue different size plates which will be marked to prevent tampering and records kept.

All drivers are to be aware that it is possible to purchase engines from engine builders that could be outside our specifications and they therefore would be illegal.

Please note from 2012 policing of engines will become stricter and easier.



9. AOB

Points will run from January to December

Points Champion will be awarded at the end of the season and the Silver roof will be held until the end of the following season.

The English Championship will be the main race of the season.

John Turner - 323 and Colin Moss - 85 will be tyre testing at the Yarmouth meeting on 7th November.



Anyone wishing a hard copy of the minutes please see The Boss at Yarmouth

Yours in Racing

John and Rosemary
avatar
JT Racing

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-31
Location : Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

DRIVERS MEETING

Post  RobV831 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks for the minutes Rosemary and John.

For those drivers that couldn't attend the meeting, do they get a say in the new rules? (I'm not talking about myself as I'm not registered at present) As not all drivers knew of the meeting or couldn't attend due to the short notice, or had been posted abroad?

Does anyone know where to purchase, the cost and the specification of these 330bhp crate engines? ie do you also need new inlet manifolds, flex plates? Can't see a listing in Realsteel for them...after having a quick look.

RobV831

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-11-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  alangray521 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:47 pm

I could not come to the meeting as i was on hoilday.. Rob you can get a engine from reel steel for about 3k but these are 1 piece rear main seal engines so if you run a 2 piece rear main seal you flex plate and flywheel will not fit. as for a resictor plate how can thy work when there are two different engine rules at the moment with a 5 litre and a 5.7 litre or are these for the new rules

alangray521

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Minutes of Drivers Meeting 29th October.

Post  JT Racing on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:52 am

Dear All

If you have any questions about the meeting please dont hesitate to contact JT if you don't have his number then PM us.

Yours in racing
Rosemary
avatar
JT Racing

Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-03-31
Location : Essex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

drivers meeting

Post  skunkworks on Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:00 am

how do these rule changes encourage better driver turnouts. can somebody tell me the logic behind these rule changes. i think it will reduce the car numbers.
avatar
skunkworks

Posts : 44
Join date : 2009-09-02
Location : south of watford gap

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  alangray521 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:15 am

I think you have just hit the nail on the head...mr skunk

alangray521

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-02-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  moss8one5 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:56 am


"Regulations are to remain the same, beam or independent. This regulation could be reviewed in the future".

(As far as i can see this cost nothing)

"As from January 2011 the inside weight will be 52.5% max".

( A set of scales will be at every meeting and available for use before the meeting, I am sure people will be able to borrow or use other peoples. This is also Free at no extra cost. If you don't want to buy a set use the ones at the meetings)

"Rear weights are still to be confirmed".
( same as above)


"The exhaust pipe is to have a maximum diameter of 3 (750mm). The exit pipe from the exhaust box is to have a maximum length of 10 (2500mm) and should ideally point down. Deane to clarify rulings on exhaust systems"

( this is to do with our cars being too noisy and they have to be 98db or we can not race unfortunatly this may cost but i belive Summit racing do the silencers for lees than $30)



"Spedeworth will schedule 12 meetings for the 2011 season, but this is dependent on driver commitment, which Spedeworth need to see more of."

( this will cost more )


"350 Crate Engines with a 330hp specification will be introduced. These will be the only engine allowed and this will be enforced from January 2012"

"January 2011 will see the introduction of restrictor plates. These will be issued to Blue, Red, Superstar and Champion graded drivers. Driver success will decree what size plate you use i.e more wins smaller plates."

( yes this is going to cost those of us with engines other than 350's money i have a 283 as does my dad but if the restrictor plate idea works there will be no need for anyone to spend money on any other engine. We will just have to see how it all works)

The tyres have to be looked at because cooper are not going to make anymore Avon 7.3 unless someone wants to buy 100 at a time.





avatar
moss8one5

Posts : 387
Join date : 2008-01-16
Age : 34
Location : The royal county

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  moss8one5 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:56 am

sorry it was a long one Laughing

all in all it is to make the formula fairer for all. And encourage those who feel some may have a advantage for what ever reason to come back out racing.
avatar
moss8one5

Posts : 387
Join date : 2008-01-16
Age : 34
Location : The royal county

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  bobdernob2 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:29 am

Hi,
Thanks Brad for the info, as i said in a different post would it be poss for a set up session at a track before next season re corner/ inside weights to be arranged, as i for one have no scales but would be more than willing to hire some if anyone would allow.
And if the restrictor plates work could those with 283 ci use them in 2012 or will they have to get a 350?
Personally it seems great that there is a commitment to the v8s long term and should get more cars out on track, and the super & star grade drivers will still be there becouse lets face it they are the cream of the crop and will always be the ones to beat and if we all had exactly the same cars they would still win most races becouse they are the best drivers.
See you at yarmo Rob2

PS not only dont i have scales but i dont have a scooby doo how to do it , i just get in the thing and drive!

bobdernob2

Posts : 353
Join date : 2008-01-19
Location : buckinghamshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DRIVERS MEETING

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum