Yarmo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yarmo

Post  michael v8 466 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 am

Good luck to all who attend I will not be able to make as work is sending me to Canada for 6 weeks on Friday im gutted. I was hoping that the date of my flight changed till after the meeting, But sadly you all know my luck aint that good. I will be back around 10th Decemeber see you all soon.

michael v8 466

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yarmo

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Well have a good time out there mate, make sure you hit cowboy in Calgary if you get the chance!!! Good Times!!! I'll give you a call once I am back in blighty end of January....

Regards, Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:21 am

well done ever1 who worked on the 85 car after the 1st race, that axel was resembling a banana.

what came of the tyre testing that was done??

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert775 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:05 am

Feedback was great on the tyres, before the safety car the leaders were nearly 3/4 of a lap up on the Scotts which is a good marker to work from, we didn't really get much feedback from the final as Colin was taking it fairly easy but all in all very positive!

Bert775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Colin had a rough night seen as his van broke down on the way home to wet wales. Didn't get in to about 0800 monday morning. When i spoke to him yesterday he was watching sherk 2 i think Very Happy
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Just a question? What tyres are we testing? Are we going to be trying any others in the near future!!! Also if those guys where 3/4 of lap in front of the Scots don't forget they will be on the same tyre also! Remember we not necessarily trying to go faster but to find a reasonably priced and long wearing tyre without going off too quick!!! Food for thought....

Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Both John T and Colin were trying the Hoosier tyre that is similar to the one used by the Superstox but with a softer compound and a Hoosier street TD on the inside rear. The tyres that john had on colin had already done 106 laps around Taunton during the week on. How john felt they performed i don't know but Colin likes them.

moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Yarmo

Post  RobV831 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 am

I would expect Colin to like the tyres, if they're softer than the compound used by the Supers, which I assume is the (Supers hoosiers are) same or softer than current Brisca Avons we use.

Why are we going softer and not the same or harder to give us a harder wearing and far more durable tyre? They were used on a cold night too! The Avon's were a lot more economical/harder wearing back in 2001/2/3 before they got softer for the Brisca F2 boys.

How much do these tyres cost? All still 13"? The inside rear tyre the same compound/tread as the others?

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert775 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:30 am

Understand that everyone else will be going quicker, just giving a performance indicator. I'll have a word with Brad to see if he can post the spec and pricing.

Bert775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:12 am

The inside rear tyre was the Street TD tyre used by the 2 ltr hotrod brigade i belive. The tyres i saw that had done over 100 laps (granted in damp conditions) looked nearly new.

I am sure JT will give his honest opinion on them in time. We will just have to wait.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  v8 no85 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi All,

Firstly may i thank everyone for their help at Yarmouth it was a supreme effort by everyone when after the first heat the car looked in a sorry state THANK YOU.

The Tires both john and myself were using had all done 150 plus laps at the Brisca F2 test day before they were put on our cars.
The Tires are F2 spec not superstox spec,they are stronger in the side wall and slightly softer than an Avon ,they are not directional so retation is going to be the key getting good tire wear.
i Tested the tires at Taunton and done over 100 laps on a very wet track and they were good, at Yarmouth i ran the tires at 26 psi,and 22 on the street TD and they were excellent, Martin Lamb @ Hossier Uk will give all of the drivers information to get the best out of the tires in terms of maintainance, softness o the tires and durabilaty.
The Backup will be at most meetings that we race with the 2 Litre Hotrods.
After buying over 100 Avons and not having much help from their agent with regard to back up ,tectnical or understanding to the forulars that had remained loyal to them, i asked Yokahama and Hossiers for their input and sunday was the result of my efforts so far.

please feel free to contact me if you have any questions

Kind Regards
Colin Moss.

v8 no85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 324 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:45 am

I think dad was pleased with the tyres sure he will comment on here soon. I would like to try them at wimbledon if possible, that is once my car is straight again Rolling Eyes

Did anybody get any video footage from the weekend Question
V8 324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JT Racing on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 am

With reference to tyres:-
Checking
tyres with an approved durometer there was no difference at cold temperature between Avon or Hoosier. Due to weather conditions we were unable to get accurate readings post race.
On checking found Hoosier to have approximately 1/2" wider tread across the tyre on an 8" rim.
Further testing will be required and more drivers consulted. Possible additional track testing is needed and or the possibility of Spedeworth sanctioning that the tyres be run alongside remaining Avons to get broader spectrum of compatibility. Personal recommendation would be that the Yokahama be used on the inside rear as the Street TD is too small for stagger; this may cause adverse handling of the cars due to imbalance. As the availability of Avons are unpredictable for the future the Hoosier could be a possibility as a replacement. We would like to thank Colin Moss for all his investigational work regarding tyres, but, If you know of any comparable tyre at a reasonable price with good durability please don't hesitate to let your BOC members know about it. as we are striving to encourage new drivers that this is a 'reasonably priced' formula.

Yours in racing
JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Simon

Hope your ok mate you looked a bit dizzy at one point Shocked

If you go to http://racedownload.co.uk/ they have all the races from yarmouth for sale/ download for 2.50 each. I have not used them so i don't know what the quality is like.

Very Happy
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:08 am

Had a call from bert775 today and he said that the videos on the racedownload are very good quality. Thet are only up there for 14 days so if you want to see them be quick. Smile
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  V8 324 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 am

hi brad
yeh was bit dizzy think that is the fastest 360 i have ever done!!! thanks for that link, mum has brought em. only see half my crash an they said i was back marker bloody cheek i was in the lead!!! oh well thats racing.
car looks totaly diffrent now as it has no bumpers or side irons time for some new ones!!! Very Happy
V8 324

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 am

Hi Simon,

Hope you feeling better now!!! I'm sure everyone would like to see the car looking naked...Take some pics and send them across to Ray to put on the website!!! If not i would like to see them?
I bet plenty of people would be interested to see how this is done and the work involved!!!

Daryl....
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JT Racing on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:36 am

Hi Daryl

Dont you think thats already in hand?
Do you not know my camera is welded to me!

Yours in Racing

Rosemary
JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:12 am

Rosemary,

Thought that might be the case but just was just checking, I'm missing all the racing stuff out here and it's the only way to keep up with what's going on!!!

Maybe all the drivers should make more of an effort to update the website with stuff irrelevant of how trivial it may be it could be interesting to other parties i suppose...

Regards to all,

Daryl. (The one who is trying to keep up with the start car!!!!)
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum