New 2011 Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New 2011 Season

Post  Peter Scott Jnr 99 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:18 am

Whats the general feedback on the rule changes for 2011 . . . .?

Good or bad we need feedback to ensure we gain cars not lose them?

Any news on '2012 crate engines' as I took from the meeting that the restricters was the low cost answer to the problem , allowing us to phase the exsisting engines out?

Any news on new drivers and cars for the new season?

Good call from all . . . keep talking good or bad and it could be a big step to kick starting the formula!

Peter Scott Jnr 99

View user profile http://www.ahern.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: New 2011 Season

Post  Admin on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:03 am

Personally, I can't see how switching all to crate engines in 2012 is going to benefit the formula. Everyone who's currently racing maybe don't have the money to go out and buy a crate engine for 2012 - if that's the case they will not be racing in 2012. If restrictor plates are being introduced next year in order to get the cars to race at similar speeds, if they're successful, would it not be an idea to allow current racers to run the engines they already have, but with restrictor plates for a three or four year period?
The crate engine rule could be introduced in 2012, applying to any new cars/drivers entering the formula.
It would also entice drivers with current cars who are not racing them at present, to get them out next year as if they didn't their cars wouldn't be permitted to race in 2012 and beyond.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

New Season 2011

Post  Peter Scott Jnr 99 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:28 am

I agree , the restrictors should now do the job. Shouldnt matter whether you run a built 283 or 350 the plate will restrict you down accordindly

We dont want to lose drivers when there is no need to.

Wouldnt see it being a problem Spedeworth pushing the date back as Deane Wood seemed very positve about pushing the formula forward.

Peter Scott Jnr 99

View user profile http://www.ahern.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:51 am

Hi,

I agree that if restrictor plates work then people with 283ci etc should be able to still run them, i am a bit concerned on the corner weights though as my car is a bit offset and i have been told i might have a big problem on the inside weight rule, would this be the case? or is there an easy solution?
On the driver front, i have been speaking to Stu Blyth and he is readying his car for the coming season with a veiw to racing at the opening meets & then his son Bradley taking over. Also Mark williams is getting sorted as i beleive is Rob Harris and Hayley Harris + two more from the mossport stables as well so not all bad.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

2011 season

Post  skunkworks on Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:14 am

i cant wait to see these cars on restrictor plates going round coughing and spluttering. sorry to be sarcastic, but just another expense to deal with having your carburetor and possibly cam changed.i thought the whole idea of this meeting was to attract more drivers. it seems to me that the real reason behind this is to stop the scotts dominating. you will always have people dominate formulas and i feel certain people feel they can dominate the way this formula is run without thinking of the whole picture. time will tell if they are right and i will be first to congratulate them.oh and just a thought if you are all on crate engines in 2012. it will be dominated by the lightest and best handling car, more money.
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:26 am

Hi all,

Just seen posted on Spedeworth website and Oval Racing Forums what looks like the 'Official' rule changes to the formula for 2011....
See below:-

With effect from Jan 1st 2011 the following changes are being made:

SUSPENSION
There will be a maximum inside weight of 52.5%

TYRES
The Hoosier tyres, that were recently tested, are allowed.

ENGINES
A restrictor plate will be introduced, the faster you go the larger the plate you will have to use.

I tend to agree that changes are required but everyone one seems to be pointing the fingers at those with 283 cu in engine!!! Just a small point but how many people in the top five point scorers have a 283 engine???
I think the restrictor plates may well work but if asked i will only put one on my 350 engine if i know it is from a reputable source using the right constructed/tested materials that isn't going to break up under impact and then in turn destroy my engine??? Just anther question for those that may know!!!

I truly hope that the restrictor plates do work as my budget has now come to it's end and would struggle to find a fresh one for 2012!!!

All that said i am looking forward to returning to the UK from this shithole to have some good racing throughout 2011....

Regards, Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8 no85 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 am

Hi All,

You can now see the the rule changes as mentioned by Daryll
I would like to point out that the restrictor plate will get smaller not bigger as stated on
the spedeworth site, Also the plates will be made to exacting standards after talking to
various enging builders to get this right material and sizes there will also be gauges to make sure they are correct as per manufacture.
All blue,red and champions will recieve restrictor plates for the first meeting of 2011.
if restrictor plates work then there will be no need for existing drivers to go for crate engines they can be for new drivers and anyone wishing to change
The tires are to be as follows
Avon and the Hoosier tyres to run together untill the Avons run out
Hoosier will have stock for the second meeting on 13th March
The Yokohama AO48 or the Street TD by Hoosier on inside rear

I think we have the makings of a good season ahead extra meetings,more cars,new drivers and a few rules changes.

yours in racing

Colin.

v8 no85

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bert775 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:02 am

Ordererd some parts from Frankie Wainman, looking at building a car over Christmas, we're in a race to get ready for Wimbledon not sure we'll manage it though but we'll give it a go!! How do I go about registering for 2011??

Bert775

View user profile

Back to top Go down

new rules

Post  bignige on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:15 pm

we can read the makes and the compounds but what are the tyre sizes please? confused

bignige

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm

Bert775 wrote: How do I go about registering for 2011??

you used to be able to Go on to www.stockcar.co.uk Print it off, fill in, add a cheque and photo and send off. bobs your uncle

But i have checked and its not there at the moment so you'll have to give the office a call Tel: 01252 322 920
or come round mine and photo copy my one Wink
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top