wimbledon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wimbledon

Post  billy-mechanicv8-117 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:48 am

what a waste of time the other night was what was the point in turning in just 2 put on a show when people turn up 2 race and sharing the prize money was stupid and how can a formula go forward when people cant be boverd 2 race!

Last edited by billy-mechanicv8-117 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelt a word wrong)
billy-mechanicv8-117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wimbledon

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 am

Why is sharing the prize money such a bad idea? It'd guarantee everyone getting something out of the meeting to help with their fuel costs.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:11 pm

If it encourages some more drivers out then i am all for the start money instead of prize money if everyone else agrees. I feel it has to be a 100% in faviour thou for it to work. ( i personally went home with half the money i would have had but thats life i suppose)

Im sure that everyone relises that the racing was good and alot of people have been told, overheard or read that the racing was great and some have said "the best of the night". I have read this on some F1 forums and the ovalracing one.

as for "put on a show" to me ment race but don't be stupid keep all cars drivable for all three races. which is what we did. If i was told to follow everyone else round and not race i would cut my car up tomorrow. I go to race and thats what i will be doing all season. even if there is no prize money i still want to race.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  andy11 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 am

I have been following BriSCA F1's for 40 years with occasional visits to the nat saloons hotstox and your V8s but like most have to pick and choose meetings so for those like myself it would nice if somewhere on your site someone could do a short meeting report and results. Hope the season goes well Very Happy I'll be out and about up and down the country when it's a bit warmer.

andy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  andy11 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:22 am

Sorry just spotted the results on the main page . Just off to specsavers Embarassed

andy11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wimbledon

Post  skunkworks on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:28 am

maybe thats the answer. drive the cars in reverse. many years ago at rye house there was these dutch drivers racing in reverse, if my memory serves me right, there was more of them than the average v8 field, food for thought. Very Happy
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:05 am

I thought that the drivers who appeared at wimbledon put on a good show, im afraid i made a mess of my cars repairs as the same thing happened when we were loading it as happened at Northampton on the wednesday, but we should be out at the rest of the meets & Mark williams should be out then as well,
The Dutch reverse cars also were at Bovingdon a few years back and we all reversed onto the track for one of our heats and Charlie Hodges hit the pit gate! Embarassed But i think we raced the correct way when on the track. Smile

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  billy-mechanicv8-117 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 am

well the reason i think sharing the money is bad is because if u get more cars the less money people get u get 60 4 a final but if u share u get half thats without the other races and if u get more cars u wont even get 30 and where is all the drivers there so many people who have got cars but dont take them out like ross, amos, arnold, sulliven whos got about 3 cars and where is robert and dennis harris ???
billy-mechanicv8-117

View user profile

Back to top Go down

wimbledon

Post  skunkworks on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 am

i dont think you should be discussing this sort of thing on a forum without speaking to the promotor first.the biggest concern for drivers is getting more cars on the grid and if a small amount of money brings bigger grids they shouldnt be racing in the first place.when i raced the joy was to go home with a trophy, which i can proudly cherish and remember in later years.motorsport at any level is expensive. if you have a car and cant race for financial reasons, give someone else the oppurtunity to race or open a museum.
skunkworks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top