Racing snippets...Like some publicity in magazines?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Racing snippets...Like some publicity in magazines?

Post  weggie on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:56 am

Hi All,
I'd like to give you guys & gals a passing mention or two during the course of my scribbles in Oval Racing News and Wheelspin. If anyone would like to post one or two comments after each meeting or send me a PM that would be great! For example, you have a great story/publicity angle with Deane racing last Saturday! I don't need chapter and verse, literally just one liners, and I can always come back to you for my details, etc., if I need to! All very informal but will hopefully give you a plug! Very Happy

Cheers,
Weggie

weggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing snippets...Like some publicity in magazines?

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 am

Hi Weggie,

That sounds great, the v8s need positive articles & publicity.
Deane drove really well & hope he enjoyed it enough to have another go ,or even get a car? The other guests did well also and hopefully the same will apply.
Hope the people who say they will race will be out soon, (me included!) by the way my engine hopefully not as bad as we thought,so hope to make the next Aldershot.
Hayley will be there as will John Saunders for his first this year. Not sure about Mark williams as i thought he would be out by now,anyone else?
Thanks to all for the advice on the engine especially the Harris team who offered Terrys facilities to sort the problem, much appreciated.
See you soon .

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weggie on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:39 am

Hi Bob,
Good to hear from you and so quickly too!....To complete the picture can I just ask you:
1. Whose car did Deane borrow and which grade did he start from?
2. Who were the other guests - how did they get on - who loaned them cars?
3. How many cars raced?
4. Excuse my ignorance, but Hayley's surname?

Thanks Bob! Very Happy
Weggie

weggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #30 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:13 am

Hi there, I can help you out with point 4. my surname is Harris - related to Terry (daughter) and Daryl Harris (sister). Very Happy

Kind regards

Hayley
Harris Racing #30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi Weggie,

Just some answers to a couple of your questions!!!

Deane Wood was racing the Ex Peter Ross car built by Titch Gardiner and i believe he was starting in the red/superstars!!! Having spoken with him recently, he holds the formula in a very positive light and is totally behind backing and helping the formula along to slowly build the numbers up again and generating a wider interest in the formula.

Dave Miles (Superstox 124?) guested in one of the earlier HCD Peter Scott cars and upon speaking with him after the meeting thoughly enjoyed it and is showing further interest in them, maybe looking to get a car to fill in those none superstox weekends!!!

Paul Fiore (Legend Driver) guested in the Pete Blomfield hire car for the meeting and through a third party he also was very surprised with the formula being fairly cheap with a good long lasting engine...

Was a total of 15 cars on the day with a few regulars missing but some new ones to follow shortly, also someone has contacted me regards the purchase of a car after seeing them last weekend!!! Good Times!!!

Please don't hesitate to give me a call for info on the formula as this is my 14th year in the sport...

Regards,

Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weggie on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:01 am

Great stuff folks...thanks for that and appreciate the offer Daryl. Quick question Hayley...was this your debut? Have you raced anything else before, if so what, etc......Actually, that's questions rather than a question! Laughing Thanks!

I will include a summary of all this in a column I am writing for the next Wheelspin and also a summary in my ORN column.......Please feel free (anyone) to post any more snippets (no matter how small) at any time.

Hope the formula continues to grow.....always love the sight and particularly then sound when you come to Foxhall! Exclamation

Cheers,
Weggie

weggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weggie on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Quick question folks...anyone know whether Scotty Jnr is racing this season as he doesn't appear in the last Aldershot results?

Thanks......

weggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  weggie on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:03 am

...I'll answer my own question!... Wink Was at Foxhall as usual Saturday and learnt that Junior had a nasty dose of flu, hence his absence at Aldershot. Hope you are feeling a lot better and out racin' again soon!...l Against Deane Wood preferably!!! Rolling Eyes Cheers.

weggie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 am

Yeah, will be great to see Jnr out soon Very Happy Cool

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top