so whats the future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

so whats the future

Post  Bazza on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:22 am

Hi one and and all my main question is what is happening to the formula,I know we have to live in the real world but with numbers getting low people are loosing faith in the stability of the formula to sustain its self. I my self am about to purchase a car.But with the news that tomorrows arlington fixture (06/07/2011) has been cancelled due to lack of cars ,am i wasteing my money or do the v8s have a place in spedeworth like they should and allways had in the past.I just want to race and have fun with with a great bunch of people I know one more car will help but mine will need work and wont be out untill the new year.What about the cars sitting idol why not lease them out to other people to race under the 'you bend it you mend it policy' and arrange a lease fee and policy where a small amont of the lease fee goes to a charity of the formulas chosen choice thus raising the profile of the formula to more people and getting noticed.When are club was struggling for new drivers we took a race ready car to differnt tracks and raffeled tickets for that car at that venue to the public ,the prize was to the race that car when we were back at that track, the response was incredable we got 11 new drivers that year,we got more fixtures because moer spectators were attending due to the raffle,we even got a business to sponsor the car after a short while because of the publicity it was creating and the money went to the formulas chosen charity.Please or offened it is just my opinion.

Bazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: so whats the future

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:02 am

Hi Bazza,

I hope you do go ahead with the purchase of a v8 as its a great formula to race in.
As i stated in another post i bought an engine from big Nige and a few days later got struck with illness which has knocked me for 6 so to speak, but as soon as i can i will be back and plan to do every meet from Yarmouth this season and every one next year as i plan to have a spare engine by then as well to keep us on track ,plus a new transporter as the van is a bit slow now!
Hope you have fun sorting the car mate.It will be great to see you trackside.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JT Racing on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:11 am

Hi Bazza

We understand times are hard,we know what it is like running race cars on a budget, we are just a regular family, luckly holding down jobs of one description or another but finances are still tight. Please don't let this put you off joining us, and we thank you for your thoughts and comments, positive ideas are always welcome. May be if the people who wanted to sell their cars got out on the track so perspecive buyers could see them in action it would 1, help formula numbers and 2, show the car off to its potential.

Yours in racing
John & Rosemary
JT Racing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi Bazza, I think it's just a combination of the current financial situation all round plus the fact it was a mid week meeting. Having said that I also think that the V8 brigade now need to pull together. Strange how things happen and you never know, this might just be the kick up the bum that some need to get their cars out on track. Eastbourne is behind us now and we need to be looking forward to Aldershot and beyond. Can't change the past but we can the future so come on drivers, get them cars ready and book in for Aldershot.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  jmg on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 pm

I think leasing out cars is a great idea, your not going to sell a car while its in a garage doing nothing!
I'd be very interested in having a go Wink
jmg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top