What is the V8's missing???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the V8's missing???

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi All,

Open question to all, Spectators,Fans, Drivers and Former Drivers!!!

Can you tell us what it is you think that the V8 Stock Cars are missing? And reasons why drivers and former owner drivers aren't out racing??

Any idea's for the future or the forthcoming season 2012!!!

Please NO slagging but constructive criticism is welcome and will be taken on board...

Regards,

Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the V8's missing???

Post  Luke_Bantin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:36 am

Hi Daryl
Good to see you trying to find out what is wrong etc... with the V8 formula. Now please don't shoot me, I love nearly everything about the V8's The sights, the noise, the sounds, even the driver's & there teams who are always friendly. As a spectator I thought the last few years got a bit predictive, Peter Scott Junior winning nearly everything. I know that he had the best/fastest car but very little resistance was given to him to stop him passing. I understand why drivers would just let him pass, don't want to damage there cars etc... but the cars have bumper's for a reason, so therefore should be used. No one needed to be fired into the fence at high speed, but just enough contact to move them of line. So that's what I thought as a spectator was a problem, seeing these big powerful beast just going round & round & letting the fast one's through. I know he is not racing this season, but with everyday costs are people cutting down on what they spend there money on. I know I'm not going to as many meeting's as I used to. I pick the ones that I think will provide the best value for money. So like now even though I love the V8's if there is not a good list of drivers or any good other formula on the cards, I don't go. I rather now save my money & make a little longer trip up the M1 to see 30,40,50 F1's. I do hope the V8's can come through this lean period, because as I have already said everyone is fantastic.
So please don't shoot me about what I have said as its not meant to insult/upset anyone in anyway. I am one person who would love to see 30 V8's again thundering around our tracks again.
Best regards
Luke

Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

whats missing

Post  Bazza on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:45 am

Hi there as a spectator and someone who wants to race in the formula I must say I have to agree with the previous post a little bit more aggression would not go amiss after all it is what the spectators come for, contact in a contact sport but fair contact,It seems a bit of a circle of death from my point of view I know of four other people who are willing to buy cars myself included,but until there are more regular drivers out there helping the numbers grow we are not going to spend money on a formula that might not be here much longer sorry if this offends but that's how it is for us form the outside looking in as it were.How about speaking to Dean at spedeworth about putting this question air in the program so you really get what the spectators want from the formula and potential new drivers as well .How about a cheaper hire car price and promote the fact you have a hire car more I only know about the hire car because I know the guy who used to hire it out.What about having a season lease plan for a car so someone can race for the year with out a huge outlay of purchasing a car they just repair as agreed to the lease plan .As stated these are just my views and opinions ,thanks

Bazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the V8's missing???

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top