Not so slow...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not so slow...

Post  milesjnr on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:31 am

Before I come into the formula I always used to hear people refer to the v8's as slow...
Well last night I think I proved people wrong seeing as I set the track record in the v8's but it is also quicker than the superstox this year..
So I hope it shows other drivers that it's possible to get those cars up to speed, we only need a few more cars to pick up the pace and I think it could make for some good contact racing and that's what the croud wants...

milesjnr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not so slow...

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm

True True
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:19 am

Hi,

Thats really interesting as you run Hoosiers all round, how do you create the stagger ,or not as the case maybe?
You are a great asset to the v8s Dave and i hope you will continue in the formula long term.
One more question ,how long do you feel the Hoosiers are lasting and do you swap them round to make them last longer?
Sorry to ask but i have just got some and havnt a clue about them lol.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milesjnr on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 am

I don't run any stagger that I know of, just run different tyre pressures eitherside, but I do know that the Hoosiers come in different sizes written on the wall in chalk but I've never taken notice of the sizes in v8 and supers..
The tyres don't last too bad, the fronts on mine have been on since I had the car so aprox 6-7 meets and could easily last another 6-7, the rears on the otherhand were new for that last meeting and generally the inside rear lasts me 4 meetings and the outside rear 2-3 if I'm lucky, but I never swap tyres around and only change if they are bald..
I must say tho I do run quite abit of cross weight to load up the inside rear to get the drive out of the bend as that seems to be where I lack at times but I make up for it with coming in in a straight line and really smooth where as everyone with the small wheel will be skipping into the bend...

milesjnr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for the reply mate, very informative.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Dave,

Did you manage to beat the fastest lap time of all Supers round Wimbledon in your V8 then? If so then it just goes to show that these twice the weight cars ain't so slow after all!!!

Well done to you for getting the lap record in a V8 but i'll try some of those super sticky's for next season and try and keep up with ya!!! Laughing

Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  milesjnr on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 am

My time is faster than the supers this year but Jason cooper put a time in that was a couple hundreths of a second quicker on the 1st of jan 2010...
I look forward to trying to catch u Wink

milesjnr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top