v8 spec

View previous topic View next topic Go down

v8 spec

Post  Bazza on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:25 am

Hi there I would like to know what you would have to do to convert a F1 chassis to a v8 spec chassis the main reason is that I have had two given to me both chassis are fwj built and are straight and are three years old, one has never seen a track.Also a complete std big block and a 350 in bits in a box.I have always followed the v8 formula and this is the only chance I may have to get out there and have a go.So your advice would be very welcome on this subject.

Bazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: v8 spec

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 pm

HI Bazza

I have had a quick look at our rule book which can be found here http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/rulesdownloads/V8%20Stock%20Cars%202011.pdf

And i can't see any problem with the chassis dimensions you would have as we only have a minimum size.

From seeing F1's compared to our V8s the F1 bumpers and side irons will be bigger/ heavier so you may want to change them add whell guards on the rear and then its just engine spec. ( The car may need to go on a diet though as it will be heavy)
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Bazza,

If your really serious about doing this conversion then i would suggest having a word with Frankie Wainman on how he has built the last few cars for the formula!!
I think it could be done but you would have to do some serious leaning of the car as not to kill someone if you hit them... We have a max weight limit of which you would have to get within!!

If you wanna chat any more then please don't hesitate to give me a call on 07956 358 918.

Regards,

Daryl Harris #32
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 am

Hi,

Have you thought about selling the cars and buying a v8 with the proceeds? Just a thought as it seems alot of work to convert Bazza.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top