tyres usage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tyres usage

Post  secret squirrel on Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:31 pm

I have been at a few meeting now and i am really starting to feel the bug bite. And i may have to hire one of the hire cars later in the year when im back down working.And then looking to purchase a car but I had a question though about why 123 doesn't use the small tyre like everyone else.

I checked the rules and i don't think its legal not to. the rules say:

The above existing tyre ruling (option 1 & 2) only applies until 1st July 2011 and then the following takes over, although drivers are permitted to use the tyres below from 1st January 2011.
The Hoosier, 24x6.0x13 , must be used across the front axle and on the outside rear of car.
The Hoosier, 22.5x7.0x13 TD or the Yokohama A048 tyre to be used on inside rear of car.

The rules don't say you can, over to you

secret squirrel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: tyres usage

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:56 am

Hi SS

Thats great news on the car front, you will be more than welcome mate.
On the Dave Miles question, i have posted a question to him on here and he answered straight away, there is no advantage as such from useing the same tyre all round ,i beleive he loads a bit more weight to the inside rear(but i might be wrong?)he says the car is smoother into the bend but slower out of it than other cars, i dont think there is a problem useing the same tyres all round , for instance my car handles alot better with the yoki on the inside than a hoosier as i tried it at a test day.so i cant see he gets an advantage out of it, i think he is just a bloody good driver! A bit like Scotty jnr, you could put them in any car and they would do well in it.
Hope to see you trackside soon.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 am

Spedeworth have informed me that the rules with regards tyres have now been amended to the following:

Steel wheels only 13" x 8" maximum are permitted. Tyres must not be cut. Tyre buffing is permitted. Tyre softening is not permitted.
The following tyres are the only tyres permitted for use:
Hoosier 24x6.0x13
Hoosier 22.5x7.0x13 TD
Yokohama A048
Avon 7.3 (Hard or Soft Compound)
Drivers must seek permission from Spedeworth if they wish to use any tyre that is not on this list prior to attendance at the event in question.

Thanks to Spedeworth for responding,
Ray
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  milesjnr on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:07 am

I believe when I came into the formula the hoosier tyre was just coming into the formula too and the rule was I believe "the Hoosier 24x6-13 can be used as of --/--/-- and the 22.5x7-13 is permitted on the inside rear" or close to that but it never said you couldn't run the larger tyre all round...
I prefer how I run as it allows me to come in deeper but as you can physically see at a meeting I don't get as good'er drive out...
It's just personal preference, maybe I should try the smaller tyre as that's what the f1's get on with..

milesjnr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top