2012 fixtures? Good or Bad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2012 fixtures? Good or Bad?

Post  Admin on Mon May 28, 2012 11:50 pm

In an effort to try and kick start the forum, I thought I'd ask the following:
Has the 2012 fixture list, with mainly Aldershot & Wimbledon meetings, worked?
My personal opinion is that it hasn't. I can see the idea behind the fixtures, to build a following in those parts, but with so few meetings and no Ipswich, it has meant that even fewer drivers have registered as they feel it is too far to go racing. Has this also had an effect on car numbers at Aldershot & Wimbledon?
There are only four meetings left between now and September 23rd, then there is three in the winter months. I do not see anyone contemplating racing, at this time of year, entering the V8 stock cars formula - and can you blame them? Would you buy a car that you could only race a few more times this summer, bearing in mind we are only in May!
I also know it's a catch 22 with regards the promotor. They will not put on extra meetings until such time car numbers increase, so what's the answer?
Again, my opinion for what it's worth.
I think the way forward for both the formula and the promotor is to run the V8s as a support formula (as they are now) for next season but instead of concentrating on two tracks/areas, give them a meeting every two/three weeks at all the different tracks. OK, you may not get a good turnout initially at every meeting but as they were only support, would that really matter? Providing that car numbers increased as the season went on. If anybody was contemplating racing a formula at this stage of the season, at least with the above in place they would consider the V8s as they'd know they could race their car on a regular basis. Also, put them on at Northampton a few times. Northampton is a catchment area for ex F1 drivers. Let them see the cars, not just read about them, and who knows?
Right, I've said my bit, what do you all think?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Re: 2012 fixtures? Good or Bad?

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 am

Hi just wrote a really long reply then it wiped it!
The jist of it was put someone in yer car if selling it as people will see the thing in the flesh so to speak.as there are alot of cars sat about or in mcdonalds car park doing nothing but looking good.
Northampton ,good idea.
Thought the fixtures were good + a sponsored series to boot, so dont know what else can be done and 9 cars at ipswich? no way will that happen.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed May 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Seeing as i haven't raced all year i probably don't have the right to make any suggestion.

All i will say is tha i feel sorry for the drivers that are based out Ipswich and yarmouth way. But aldershot and wimbledon have been the most supported tracks recently. A northampton meeting would probably be a good thing but if the superstox don't race there what makes everyone think that we would. BRISCA tracks are very resticted on what formulas they can have at their tracks and its not as simple as we all think

I have reasons and excuses why im not racing as i am sure everyone else does too. I will be racing again as soon as physically possible.

I have about 10 diffrent ideas on how to make the formula more noticable to patential racers and exsisting ones, But like all thing it would cost money. Money i don't have.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:58 am

Spedworth Supestox's will be at NIR Sun 28th October 2012 & have been there previous years, so I can't see why not let the V8's have a go.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 am

I stand corrected. Maybe we should have a meeting there, If it means more exposure then im all for it.

Just out of interest how many east anglia drivers have we lost over the past three years? do they still have their cars? will they race again if we go to ipswich or yarmouth. From what i can remember yarmouth wasn't very well supported because of the start times and the distance to travel meant only a few would go there.

I know we would all like to be on at the speed weekend but to be fair it's not the bee all and end all. If we were to get one ipswich meeting. like may day 2013. And everyone made a conserted effort to get their with there cars dean might change his mind. But we would need 20+ cars in all races.

The same really would have to be said about NIR 20 cars is really.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 am

Hi,

Stu Blyth still has his car, his son was supposed to race it but i think he now has other interests, but its not for sale so who knows if Stu would be out again? He has been racing legends for a while.
Paul wainwright is registered with Hotstox now as is his son which is a shame as he loves the v8s but drove past his local tracks (Manchester, Buxton etc) to get to ours so cant blame him.
We did race at Birmingham a few years ago and were very well received, as at Brafield as well before the association with the Hotstox.
If we could all be at the same meet we would get 14 or 15 cars and when Regular drivers like Brad get out again it will be all the better. Mark Williams should be at Aldershot as will Dan Moss i beleive, Hopefully Jamie Barnett and Brett will be out also if he gets the ex Blomfield cars ready . so there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Oh and if Daryl can get his stunner repaired we may see Terry out as well!

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi Rob

I do agree that there are enough cars out and about that if all the cars were ready for racing and at a meeting together we would have a very healthy field of cars. There is a car for saloe on ebay at the moment cars for sale on this very good web site. It seems that when a new driver arrives someone else leaves or has car trouble. (I have been a coulprit of this but that was out of my control with the engine i am affraid).

moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 am

Hi,

Would never say that you were a culprit Brad as you have been great for the formula ,and if my engine let go it would finish me for at least the season.
But there are perfectly good cars that seem to be just sat there crying out to be raced, would love to know the reasons why they are not. I know some are genuinely unable to get out there but there are alot of cars which im sure could be out.
I lost my sponsor last year and now work on my car outside the house and have to make do when its bad weather , which is why the car is looking a bit tatty! But i still love doing it and now my mechanic has gone off as well .
Anyone round the Aylesbury area who wants to help would be appreciated, Free entry to meets and burgers supplied!
Hope all well.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top