Car Numbers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Car Numbers

Post  harvey frost on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Hello all , I've been looking at what to race for a while now ,Stock Saloon was high on the list but perhaps a V8 might be an idea.
Can' see any more down sides to it than anything else on the agenda.
What might be an idea ( as a lack of cars on track seems a slight issue ) would be to contact all those drivers missing in action.
Have they retired , lack of funds , just fed up or having a break ? Find out what people are up to and if they have a car / rolling frame or whatever they want to get rid of. It might keep somebody busy for a while but it might just pay dividens in the long run . Get a true picture of what people think about things and track down anything which may be of use to yourselves or people starting out.
Perhaps you could do a deal on an advert on here .
In my opinion this Formula has been over looked for too long , treated as a second cousin maybe. If only it could just get that little poke in the right direction it's got to be a good un.
Perhaps it time for a bit Brain Storming ( awful term ) but you know what I mean , any idea however daft it may seem is better than none at all.
If it helped people maybe white tops could use any tyre ( within reason ) on the front axle , if it saved a few quid and got people on track what the hell. Either after a number of meetings or moving grade they then adopt the normal tyre rules.
Lets kick some ideas about while we can , the worst that can happen is everybody says NO and we move on.
I've said enough for now , possibly too much , some of you may have me down as a fool already , it's your shout now.
All the best H F

harvey frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Car Numbers

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:19 am

Hi harvey,

Great to see you on here,i hope you will be a regular contributer on the forum as it needs a fresh boost with new veiws etc, all will be welcome.
We can use Hoosiers or both spedeworth and Brisca Avons anywhere on the car at present and there are alot of very cheap Avons about at the mo.
I have lots of thoughts on why and where all the cars are as if everyone who has a car was out at the same meet we would have around 28 cars! and other cars which i beleive are out there somewhere the numbers would be nearer 40!
There is at least one new car being built (poss more?) at present.
Will love to hear more of your veiws mate, and im sure Daryl will see this and be in touch and hopefully you will come and say hello at a meet as well.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  harvey frost on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Well , twenty plus people have read my witterings and one reply . Are you all thinking or does apathy rull the roost ?
If you want to try and get next year on the up nows the time to act !
Before I burn off too many grey cells could someone answer a question for me.
Is there at present any season long White and Yellow grade competition running ? If not I have an idea , but I don't want to waste time doing the maths to see if it works if something already exists.
Also I don't think any body would mind if the fans out there gave their opinion on the product. Come on people you watch the formula from the other side of the fence , you might see something the drivers don't. As I said ANY IDEA how ever off the wall is better than NO IDEAS .
Just imagine all those years ago when our sport was invented , I bet more than a few said it would never catch on !
Yours H F

harvey frost

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi Harvey

I myself have been absent this year due to engine builder difficulties but i needed the time off to remind myself how much i enjoy racing. The V8 formula is a great stock car racing formula that has drivers of all ages and is like a club racing formula. no over the top hits and loads of help from everyone in the pits. We already split the prize money so everyone gets the same amount at the moment.

If anyone has a idea good or bad please feel free to post it on here as we would love to here all ideas.

The tyre rule is a good idea but i think you will be hard pushed to find a better tyre than the hoosier we run.

I encourage anyone who is thinking about joining the formula to DO IT!! it won't be as expensive as you think it is.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dave2175 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 am

Will you be racing this year?

Regards

Dave

dave2175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:03 pm

hopefully Dave. Id like to make it out for the English Championship next time out at Aldershot but in reality i will probably only do the three Wimbledon meetings that are at the end of the year.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  dave2175 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 am

Be good to see you back out there!

Regards

Dave

dave2175

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Got my engine back ,we were all geared up for getting a car ready for the English championship on sunday but,

After a workshop fire

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news/roundup/articles/2012/09/17/62776-fire-rips-through-woodley-garage

Probably won't make it to Aldershot Sad

Everyone was safe and unharmed which is the main thing but if don't see a car with me init for a while y'all know why
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:17 am

moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  v8duck on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 am

Seems to me there aren't enough meetings to attract new drivers. Spedeworth seem intent on creating an East/South divide by not giving any meetings in the East Anglia area. I used to race a Hot Stox and was one of the most southerly based drivers (the most southerly lives in Brighton) so accepted 2/3/4 hour treks to meetings ie Belle Vue, Buxton, Skeggy, Sheffield, and we used to race at Barford (Barnard Castle, Co Durham). If you are only racing once a month, surely all tracks can be supported. I know the current financial climate aint good, but for this formula to survive, everyone needs to make an effort to race and show Spedeworth that you are worth putting on at a meeting. A meeting at NIR would be great as it is relatively easy to get to for all drivers. Any chance? Does Spedeworth have a V8 rep or do you have to accept what you are given? Do you have your own committee? Where are all the cars that are not being used? If folks registered on here they could say why they're not racing- if your cars collecting dust, advertise it for sale. Does anyone have a hire car? This is a good way for prospective new drivers to get involved. I for one would be very interested in an arrive and drive kind of deal. If your not using your car, why not hire it out? As long as your costs are covered (fuel/damage), it would be another car out there. So many questions and not necessarily any new ideas but just want to make people think!

v8duck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top