2013 fixtures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2013 fixtures

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 am

Hi some fixtures to whet the appetite! With great support from R.A.Barnett again .Also Ahern waste management supporting as well.

6-1-13 Wimbledon

3-2-13 Wimbledon

3-3-13 Wimbledon

7-4-13 Aldershot

26-5-13 Aldershot

10-7-12 Eastbourne (English)

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spedeworth V8 Stock Car Sponsors 2013...

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:56 am

Rob, All,

I've been doing quiet a bit of work along side Spedeworth for the last month or so to generate sponsors and a series for 2013...

Well amazing enough we have every meeting this year as a series round or sponsored meeting!

R.A. Barnett are the series sponsors for a second consecutive year (many thanks)...

Scudder (part of the Careys Group) are sponsoring the London Championship

Ahern Waste Management are sponsoring the English Championship

We have secured an outside sponsor for the Southern Championship but not sure if i can mention the name as yet but will check and put it on here very soon!

This has been possible with thanks to Mark Butler at Spedeworth (little help from me! Wink ) to confirm these sponsors with a massive thank you to those sponsoring!!!

This will appear on the Spedeworth website and in all the programmes for 2013 making a positive start to the season...

I have also been in talks with a car builder who is coming to see me in the new year with the plan of making a jig from my new chassis and finishing off the car becoming the sole V8 stock car builder!!!

Regards, Daryl harris V8 #32.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2013 fixtures

Post  bobdernob2 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 am

Hi Daryl,

Massive thanks and well done for all you are doing for the v8 cause and all others involved in this huge boost for the formula.
Hopefully now more people will use this forum to air their veiws as we have over 100 signed into it and only a few who comment on it! so please it would be great if you can speak on here (drivers ,mechs,sponsors, spectators, family ,pets, anyone.Please use the forum!)
See you soon.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 pm

The meeting march IE: 3/313 has been moved forward to the 24/2/13 at Wimbledon

Taken from the spedeworth site

1300 Stock Car / V8 Stock Fixture Change - Added 2/1/13

" The 1300cc Stock Cars and V8 Stock Cars have swapped fixtures at Wimbledon on 24th February and 3rd March.

The V8 Stock Cars R.A. Barnett Series Round 2 will now be at Wimbledon on 24th February 2013.

The 1300cc Stock Cars Print 4 U Series Round 3 will now be at Wimbledon on 3rd March 2013.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this change."
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

2013 meeting race dates...

Post  RobV831 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:04 am

6th January Wimbledon
3rd February Wimbledon London Championship
24th February Wimbledon
7th April Aldershot
26th May Aldershot
10th July Eastbourne English Championship
18th August Aldershot Southern Championship
29th September Wimbledon
27th October Wimbledon
24th November Wimbledon

Read these in the 2013 Spedeworth fixture list booklet yesterday (also on download at spedeworth's site with the Barnett series info too!), only 10 meetings this year and still none at Yarmouth or elsewhere. At least I know what I'm doing this year now.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 am

As" Ste v8" will tell you we want to go to Ipswich but there just aint enough of us. If a couple of the EA drivers were to come dan saf we might get some meetings nearer you. Bit of a catch 22 I Know

Click to see whole cartoon

Last edited by moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:10 am

Think you lost them last year with all the meetings being in the South.

Catch 22 I know, but was a choice taken by the powers that be.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:35 am

Rob I would happly give you my start money if you wanted to come down to aldershot for a meeting. I know its only 20 quid but if it helps.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:06 am

Brad,
Kind of you, wasn't expecting that as a reply.
The cost of fuel isn't the issue to be honest.
Besides cant stand Aldershot got to be the worst track I've raced on. That's only
My opinion though.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 am

Well if you fancy wimbledon when I'm there the same applies. I will exstend the offer to any EA driver but just not all at once. I don't know how many cars are up your way waiting for a blast around but if we can't get cars racing I'm worried we will never get a meetings outside of the south again.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:52 am

At the risk of being a downer,
The last couple of meets i went to in EA , there were no EA drivers in attendance at all! so it begs the question WHY?, Very frustrating i know as i love ipswich and indeed Swaffham when it was on and i supported Yarmouth even tho i didnt like the track or the journey!
When we get back to 20+ cars we will get Ipswich at least but would Ea drivers turn up? confused

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 am

I don't think it was being on a downer Rob maybe a realist? Peoples situations are all diffrent now but I remember starting out in this formula and there was nearly 30 drivers at meetings. If we could get 18 at a meeting this year I think that would be great.

18 is not impossible either,

moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Well at least this got the forum moving again, been somewhat static. Think I won the bet with Ray on that!

Brad, I haven't spoken to any drivers in person for ages (Southern or EA) apart from Daryl or Terry who I see most weeks. So am kept up to date by them.

I know Daryl has been putting in a lot of effort to get things moving and sponsored meetings/championships/series in the formula in a bid to help things along, hopefully things will pick up sometime this year.

However issues financial aren't the main reasons for me not racing though they are a consideration. It's over a working days driving to attend a Wimbledon meeting and I have to work the following day to get me and the (I'm Herts based, car is EA based) in the same place. The car could be located more locally (London) but there are reasons why it isn't and won't/can't be.

I guess there are many present issues out there why each driver who has a car doesn't race, though there are cars for sale with no buyers. Though until each drivers reason is known however big or trivial and some coherent idea/plan put in place (if that's possible) then nothing will progress further than current car numbers. We live in Austere times too, which is falling of deaf ears with some I think. Any plan should be about putting on a show for the public to put bums on seats not about any one or a minority of drivers opinion.

With all the meetings being in the South last year, I was told that the bulk of the present drivers was in that area so numbers would increase. I think it's just alienated those drivers with cars in EA/Suffolk (even if they are few and far between). Only my opinion.

On another note: I believe a former Suffolk driver has recently parted with his car now too. Wonder what will happen with that car?

Once again, thanks for the offer Brad. Goes to show that the formula has great people involved in it.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 pm

No worries.

I understand with everyones situations, I myself have had a year away from racing . Your right in what you are saying that at the moment some things have to take priority.

As for the forum : Keep your chin up Ray it only needs a few people to post instead of just reading and it will take off. Much like the formula really.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:47 am

just a thought,

With all the cars sat in EA, what would be the chance of them getting together and maybe approach Spedeworth about putting on an Ipswich meeting or two and promising to attend these meets as im sure all current southern/south mids drivers would turn out at what is a premier track and we would get close to 20 cars which would be great.
Im not sure of the numbers but could someone poss let me know the situation of the ones i think i know of ie 31, 34, 235, 261, 297, Sean Driscoll (Sorry cant recall no),to name a few, any info would be useful + any from the area i have missed .

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top