Time for Naff tyres?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time for Naff tyres?

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 am

I think everybody would agree that something needs to be done to get cars out on the track. What does everyone think about using a far cheaper inferior type of tyre which wouldn't give nowhere near as much grip as those currently used?
Would the outcome be back ends hanging out and burning rubber, thus making the driving experience far more enjoyable for the drivers and also would they be a leveller? If you can't get the grip, it wouldn't matter how much you spend on the engine.
Would a new tyre rule entice more people who currently have cars to get back out on the track and generate more interest in the formula overall?
Over to you!
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Naff tyres?

Post  $hammerman$ on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:19 am

The best way of getting more cars out on track is if people go out and buy the cars that are up for sale, which as there arent any on the website/forum and none on ebay they might find it hard to get into the formula I dont know how many cars are up for sale and arent being advertised? Cheapers tyres would be good but they do go faster on the hoosiers and when the V8's went on to hoosiers I think they were around 60??? Not sure. Now they are nearer 90, Would the same happen if we changed tyres. What would the other tyre options be?

I dont understand why more people dont race a Spedeworth V8, I race on a tight budget and have transportation help from my family which I am greatful of but I still manage to have a good time out on the track and thats what its all about and everyone of course wants to win but you cant all the time. This is not an exspensive formula and the more cars the better as the faster drivers would have a harder time getting to the front and winning, meaning more action, more thrill and more fun!!!

Only a few thoughts...

Dan Moss

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 am

The thing I have found is that the hoosier tyres have become more exspensive. But they do make the cars handle in the bends better. I don't care what tyres we use but a bad tyre will make it harder for a less set up car to be competitive.

We still can't use all the power thru the hoosier anyway so more power doesn't always mean more speed.

No driver has been dominant this year so far a I would imagine their has been very diffrent engine budgets in all the cars.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:06 am

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not racing , but had family as well as car problems, hopefully sorted soon.
On the tyre issues i beleive we can still use Avons as i have been running them on the front all last season, and got to and held onto stargrade for the last few months of the year.
But i have just about run out of them ,so will have to use Hoosiers all round soon anyway, but it shows you can be fairly quick on them still, but i think they dont make them anymore?
Not sure what the Hotstox run now ,but i beleive they are a budget tyre?
Hope to see you soon

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top