What you been up 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What you been up 2

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 am

Hi,

Bit quiet on here at mo,would like to know how everyone doing? be it drivers ,mechs ,or anyone.
We have rebuilt the carb and fitted a holley blue fuel pump + regulator and new fuel lines also in the process of fitting Hoosiers all-round apart from the inside rear (yoko).So actually got the car off the transporter, as its been sat on it a while now!
Welded up a few cracks on the back axle brackets so shouldnt move around so much now!Also changed the oil and filter as where it sat for a while it didnt look too good.
Hope all ok and looking forward to Aldershot in April, should be a cracker of a meet for us all!

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What you been up 2

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:28 am

Well?? confused Sleep

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8duck on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 am

Blimey Rob, not many people about on here mate. Long time, no see! Been keeping an eye on this ere formula for a while,as i'm interested in making a comeback into stockcars. Where are all the cars? Its a pity Spedeworth dont appear to be supporting the formula, cancelling your appearance at Wimbledon. It seems to me they really need to support you at the moment with car numbers at a low point. Looking through the fixtures,it seems a bit light on meetings, maybe one a month? People arnt going to invest money in cars for not many meetings. Sorry, gone off topic! Also been looking at the formula 2 formula at Standlake, 2 meetings a month, similar cost I imagine and fairly local. Cant resist the pull of a v8 tho! If you dont recognise me, more clues to follow!!!

v8duck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Mr Duck , havnt figured out who you are quite yet mate but i have an idea! but wont take a wild guess yet lol.
Thanks for coming on here tho as its bloody lonely at the mo!
I just hope everyones getting ready for Aldershot on the 7th and hasnt the time to get on here! study
I nearly wrecked my transporter when i was asked to move a landrover last weekend, thought it would be fine as the engine was out, but i didnt know it was ex army and had armoured flooring and loads of extra cross members! nearly killed the winch getting it on ,and the poor transit was nearly on the road, good job i only had to go a mile with it or i think i would have been pulled.
Any way mate good to see you on here and am really looking fwd to the meet as we should have more than enough cars to put on a really good show, seems ages since i have driven the thing lol!
Hope to see you there.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8duck on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Ha! Dont want to get too cryptic so...... had my name in lights on the Wimbledon score board in 1996, bloody massive trophy! Went to Stoke previous night and bent a stub axle, got home at 1am to repair it. Need another? Milky Bar Kid. Gonna try and make the trip to Aldershot so hopefully enough cars to see some decent racing!

v8duck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:42 am

Still got me guessin! Initials M C, or D H ? confused

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8duck on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:49 am

Cast your mind back (its a while ago i'll admit!)-damp track, Hot Stox racing with Spedeworth V8's, V8's not so good in the damp, 3rd in heat one, 2nd in heat 2, you told me the final was mine, no pressure then! Terry O'Conner nailed Neil Stuchbury then retired himself. First time I ever hit a red top out the way 98 Peter Scott? in my old shed, standard Rover V8, blue with white roof. Anyway, whose M.C?!

v8duck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 am

Oh hello MR HOBBS!, how u doin mate?
M C was i thought Michael cleary! wrong then lol clown
Will be good to see you soon mate.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  v8duck on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:19 am

Hey Rob, couldn't make Sunday in the end. Did you go? How did you get on?

v8duck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 am

Hi Dave,

Sorry for delay in replying, yes mate was a good meet,plenty goin on! good weather too for a change, more cars to come out at the next meet as well so things looking up, hope all ok with you and see you soon.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum