IPSWICH ABANDONED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IPSWICH ABANDONED

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:02 am

Was there a specific reason why the rest of the meeting was abandoned? I know at times when incidents like these happen that they become priority but when it was seen that Nigel was apparently OK and then went to hospital, why couldn't some part of the remainder of the meeting take place. Drivers and spectators spend quite a bit travelling to meetings.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Re: IPSWICH ABANDONED

Post  country girl on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:23 am

The reason why the meeting was abandoned was at the request of the police as they were doing a major investigation i.e measuring and marking skidmarks, impact points etc so racing could not proceed. This was what announced by the commentator at the time.

country girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  del125 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi, I'm Del, Nigel Trench's (the driver involved in incident at Ipswich last night) son. The reason why the meeting was abandoned is due to the fact that any incident which is seen as "life-threatening" has to be treated as a crime scene. With this being the case, by the instructions of the police on-site, the car was not allowed to be moved and it would be impossible to continue the meeting with it still on the track....

I know and understand that people have to travel to get to meetings, but I would have thought that there wouldnt be anyone naive enough to understand that serious incidents have to be dealt with in ways that mean things have to stop. If the same incident happened on a normal road, that road would be shut for at least a couple of hours after the incident.... most of us know that from being stuck in traffic jams caused by this!

Luckily, most people at the track last night were very understanding of the situation and I would like to thank all the track staff, 1st aid and emergency services for all their help in looking after my dad, and thanks for the understanding and concerns from everyone, including the spectators and drivers.

Due to forums being spread all over the place, I'm keeping the oval-chat forum up-to-date, so if you want any more news on Dads state, please go there!

del125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks to Country Girl and Del for answering that question. It obviously was neccesary to abandon the rest of the meeting, for the reasons given. To Del, hope your dad has a speedy and full recovery.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

Post  country girl on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 am

Best wishes to Big Nige for a speedy recovery and as Del says a massive thank you to the emergency services who dealt with the accident last night.

country girl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

nigel trench

Post  robert16 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:28 am

just wanted to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to nigel and his family

robert16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content