Great effort!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Great effort!

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:21 am

Just have to say great effort yesterday, everyone was right on it race wise , really fast hard racing by all.
Great to see Malcolm Burton out again in the ex Amas car , he had a few gremlins but will soon be winning by the look of it.
Also good that Dave miles snr got the v8 out for a blast.
Simon Turner made a surprise (to him too! ) return in the Michael moore car , he found out he was goin to race it as ht 1 was lining up! great effort to get the car ready.
A few more cars to come out at the next meet and we should meet the 16 car target. Question 

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Great effort!

Post  greatdane35 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

lots of work today and tommorrow on both cars,ready to run at practise next saturday at aldershot

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 am

if you need a hand finshing off your car let us know we mite be able to help .gd35

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 am

cheers pete,but its looking great now for both cars as we put in 2 full days,mine is now up and running,just need to time her up with the gun,fit the harness,and shes done,roys car is getting a quick make over,paintwise,done all the welding bits today,changed all the oils,just got to cure the diff oil leak and she is ready to roll too,might even be a 3rd car now on the horizon,in negotiations as we speak,so poss,just poss a 3rd car will be out,but think it will be the june meet for sure,i have 2 days next week also before practise to do everything required,so its all fine thanks,fancy practise on the 28th?have 3 cars would be great

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:14 am

ok double seal the axle as common fault m8 and double spring the throttle cable aswell to renturn quicker .I don't do testing just get in and go lol.

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:45 am

Well boys and girls I must say that last meeting at aldershot was the best one I watched in a while was good show with cars in a pack and fighting to pass cars out and even top drivers spinning out just shows the spectors not always the top drivers win hopefully the cars needed to make numbers up to keep them going will book in for the next one and more good racing to be seen

Faggy 259

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:53 am

Hi Faggy259 ,

Good to see you on here , yeah hopefully get the numbers up for the next one and glad to hear it was a good meet as I think everyone tried extra hard at the meet to put on a show. Hope to see you at the next one mate.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #30 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Hey everyone,

I know I'm bit late with this but just wanted to say well done everyone for the last meeting and was glad to see Michael Moore's car out there rather than sat on the trailer (so thanks go to both Michael & Simon!). It was a real great effort and a real good watch for everyone..and I'm not just being biast!

Myself like anyone else that has been involved in some way with the sport for years definitely would not like to see it fold..it does actually brings tears to my eyes as I type this thinking if there came a day without them. For me the V8s are a hobby but they are one of the things I have in common with my dad, brother and family..I love the race weekends (or not) where we are down the garage, preparing cars, having a laugh and me listening to their advice on racing the cars in different conditions. So if they were not there there would be that missing link in the chain.
But also growing up & now I have met a lovely group of friends whether drivers, families, mechanics etc who share the same passion for V8s as I do, wouldn't like that to fade either as I think its great at meetings where everyone pulls together to help each other out but also can have a good old race against each other out on track.
But I'm waffling on now, easier said than done I suppose..just wanted to get that off my chest.
I just do really hope we can get at least the minimum number of cars out there for the next meeting.

Thanks

Hayley
V8 #30
Harris Racing #30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:19 am

well said,it would be a real shame if the v8s were allowed to fold,but i think it will survive the storm and carry on and you are right ,the folk in the v8s are real decent and try to help out, i have now got a 2nd car on the horizon which should be out soon ,and will have varying drivers in it,or as a back up for mine,roll on next meet cant wait

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top