Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help

Post  office boy on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:29 am

I have been watching the brisca f1 and i saw the v8 world final at wimbledon last year can anyone help and tell me what the difference is

office boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:17 am

Our cars are smaller and the engines are restricted to 350 cubic inch capacity,and we are allowed independent front suspention other than that the cars are similar, The main diffrence is cost. This formula is alot cheaper to get started in and for a resonable amount of money be competitive.

The contact is also less than in most formulas.

Hope this helps

(my opinoins only)
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

help

Post  office boy on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:35 am

Thanks very much for that bit of help. Can you give me abit more information what is the main cost difference between the two formulas roughly as i am intrested in starting up in the near future but i am not sure what one i would fancy doing.

office boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:19 pm

I bought my car second hand for about £4000 and i went from white grade to red last season and won two heats and a final ( The car did most of the work). A new car i am not sure about but there are some really good cars for sale at the moment. Also we have some hire cars for this season so if your thinking about it that might be a option to try before you buy.

And i have heard that a good F1 can be anywhere between £15000 and £25000 acording to the press the F1s get
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:12 pm

For example
Race Car: 1 Season Old, British Champion Winning Car,

SPEC:-

Volvo back axle on 3 link, independent front suspension on a steering rack. Engine GM 350 High Performance V8 engine 330 Horse Power at 5000 RPM - Cost £2,500 + VAT

Rules of life †number 1 (if you can't smell rubber your not doing it right)
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:58 am

Well Office Boy,

I believe you can build a top rate car for around the 8000.00 pound mark but i will let you know how i get on with the new car...Bearing in mind that will be a car with no short cuts, full on paint and sign-writing job and pretty much all top of the range parts....I think you would be lucky to buy and old banger in Brisca F1 for that money!! There is plenty of cars currently for sale which would make a good start car, mine for instance...2 x European winning car and several heat and final wins, not bad for the oldest chassis on the track??

Rgds, Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum