London Championship 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

London Championship 2015

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:36 pm

The Date for the London Championship has been added to the Spedeworth Web-site

25th of January 2015

There are no other dates on the list for the V8's up until the end of March 2015 at Wimbledon at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Re: London Championship 2015

Post  greatdane35 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:24 am

hope my poxy hand is fixed by the 25th,im gagging for some v8 action

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:14 am

Not looking good then less meetings in early part of 2015 hopefully get some more dates

Faggy 259

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 am

Will need a bit of time early next season for the upgrade , will do the Jan meet though then either re sort my current car or a new one (to me).
The last couple of meets the car was well off the pace and seemed to go drastically down hill after we won the final at Aldershot , but having looked a bit deeper into why , we found hairline cracks in the distributor cap and when we took it off it fell to pieces oops! Got the spare out and that is knackered also so a couple of new ones en route as we speak , if I do decide on another car this one will go as a rolling chassis cheap if someone will defo race it and not just sit with it. not 100% decided yet but hopefully gonna happen as want to do all the meets and don't want to miss any.

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 pm

I was a little concerned when i saw that that was the only date. hopefully it means that we will have more meetings closer together in the summer months. Or does it mean we will get the opportunity to be seen at other venues in February and March.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:17 am

Well I'll wait to see what else is on the list before I get my next licence.
Hopefully it's like brad is hoping for...other venues.

We will keep our eyes peeled....

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 am

well that cups mine .sorry lads. I gave you all a chance this year to do your winning now my turn ......all the free time not race .I got a idear GET YOUR FXXKING CARS DONE .coz your in for a woooooppppiiiinnnngggg next year

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

fighting talk

Post  RobV831 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:13 am

Peter,
That's fighting talk sir...

Licence forms out now, 55 for returnees...renewing before 31st Dec, otherwise 70

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:04 am

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

And some of you may be aware I have previously spoken to Mr Wood about our future which is bright as a formula! He has not once said anything negative against the formula, he just re-iterates he would love to see more cars on track.

I have spoken about a few more meetings and if we could venture back up to East Anglia to help the formula progress further... We (the royal we) all need to keep pushing as hard as we can to push our numbers up.

As you can already see Spedeworth have given us the one month off at the start of season which many requested and we now appear back at Ipswich... We now need to show Mr Wood and Spedeworth that we can generate good numbers and who knows we could once again be on the under card to Brisca F1 at Northampton. But we need to go with cars...

I have also heard a little rumour that we may have a few additional meeting for 2015, let's not let ourselves or Spedeworth down.

That's the serious bit done so now it's up to us as the drivers...

Regards DARYL.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:13 am

Month off needed to sort a few things!
Daryl , I don't think its said enough but thank you for all you do for the v8s everyone really appreciates it , and thanks to Spedeworth for sticking with the job as we will repay the faith shown in us.
Just had a great offer of help from a double world champ , just shows what great people we have in our ranks.
Hope Peter and Andy are staying with v8s , peter you were flying at wimbo , you wont get that buzz anywhere else , or as cheap lol.
see you all soon

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:36 am

rob how much the old shed whats will be coming off what will be staying on will build that as hire car .I don't have a problem bringing 4 cars up at one time .me andy and my son scotty will be out .the doctor will be doing andy engine so that will be ready .getting j b car soon so hope you lads are ready .as I said before .if you got no balls for your old v8 sell/ it to someone who has .

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:37 am

Hi all I can answer that I've had a think about racing 1300 stock cars again or f2 but it's not going to work out for me to race them as my girl will be starting to race next year at rolling thunder show on sat nite and means I will stay with the v8s Aldershot is half way to me dropping her home and works out better for me in the long run and after watching Sundays meeting gave me bit more heart to race will be collecting pistons for my engine this week and if all goes well mite get out for next meet only mite tho but will try my best

Faggy 259

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:14 am

Cheers daryl for all the work,and will be out next year,at hospital on weds 19th for big discision on future of my finger/hand,then bit of healing and back out soon as better,cheers bruce

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:47 pm

I agree thanks Daryl. With all the good things going on in the formula at the moment don't forget December's meeting. I know it's close to Christmas but its ideal for us to show the formula off before 2015. And to get the cars set up for the championship meeting in January.

Again thanks to Daryl and thanks to everyone who has raced,repaired and sponsored meetings over the past 3-4 years. We are now going back to Ipswich after many years. Let's nor waste this opportunity
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:53 pm

my cars will be both ready for action,and i am trying my hardest to get my son out for a meet asap,but he obviously wants to have a quick practise before a meet,also he is self employed and just took on a mortgage,so is a little under pressure to not get hurt/be off work,but after 16 yrs in bangers/ministox he will love the formula,so im sure will race v8s next year,poss dec meet if we can get to arena before hand,keep up the good work all of you,

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Alright Bruce that's the spirit. That's the idea if people have cars that are raceable if they can't / don't want to use them lending or hiring them to people that do is perfect. And like you say once you've had a go it hard not to want another
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:02 am

not sure on what we will have to take off car yet Pete as not looked at another car yet , but will prob be early next season , will let you know and give you first refusal as I know you will get her on track , will be very competitively priced though , been a good car for us but cab just too small for me and would need a major cab/rollcage alteration! Got my eye on a car so hope not too soon.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top