episode 23 of the slippin clutch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

episode 23 of the slippin clutch

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:18 pm

As Promised

Here is your quick end of year episode 23 of the slippin clutch. I have a busy week this week so its only a little one.

Back to top Go down

Re: episode 23 of the slippin clutch

Post  Guest on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:20 pm

And here is the end of year Report. Get a cup of tea and prepare for a Knowledge follow in Very Happy

We have had 28 drivers either take out a full or temp licence in 2014. From this only 2 have not raced. And 3 have retired from the formula (117 Bill Chance, 71 Lee Barnard, 30 Hayley Harris) Temp licences were used by 5 drivers. Making the driver pool at the end of the year 18-24 drivers. This number is flexible because of car sharing. Also take into consideration that 7 David Burton and 27 Malc Burton shared a car in 2014 as did 123 David Miles jr and 124 Dave Miles.
The formula raced at 3 different venues Wimbledon, Aldershot and Eastbourne. With the 10 meetings being allocated to Wimbledon (5) Aldershot (4) and Eastbourne (1).

4 Championships have been raced over 2014 and the Winners have been:

London Championship (Wimbledon)†††††††††††††††††††††† 277 Karl Turner

Southern Championship (Aldershot)†††††† †††††††††††††† 31 Robert Harris

English Champion (Eastbourne)†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 7 David Burton

**2014 V8 Stock Car Points Championship was won by 98 Peter Scott Snr. **

Meeting winnersí breakdown follows as such:
Of the 10 meeting Finals in 2014 there have been 7 different winners. 3 of which are double final winners. But only 1 driver has won 2 meeting finals at the same venue.

Wimbledon Final wins went to:
2 X 277 Karl Turner, 7 David Burton, 98 Peter Scott snr, 32 Daryl Harris

Aldershot final wins went to:
31 Robert Harris, 2 Robert Beale, 27 Malcom Burton, 98 Peter Scott snr

Eastbourne final was won by:
7 David Burton

Of the 20 heat races in 2014 there have been 8 different winners. 4 of which are multi winners, only 2 of these drivers have won more than one heat at different venues. And 2 of these multi winners have won more than two heat races.†

Wimbledon Heat wins went to:
3 X 7 David Burton, 2X 117 Bill Chance, 29 Mark Williams, 277 Karl Turner, 98 Peter Scott snr, 32 Daryl Harris, and 31 Robert Harris

Aldershot Heat wins went to:
7 x (seven) 98 Peter Scott snr, 31 Robert Harris

Eastbourne Heat wins went to:
2X 123 David Miles Jnr

Making a total of 30 races won by 10 different drivers. †Only 1 active driver has not scored a point. The biggest winning streak of the year belonged to Peter Scott snr who won 5 consecutive races, 1X final and 4X heat races in a row.
98 Peter Scott snr was the only driver to score a maximum point score at a meeting in 2014.

News out of East Anglia is that Kevin Turner Ex 12 will be racing again in 2015, hopefully from the first date in Jan. Also Kevin will be bringing another Ipswich based driver who will hopefully be making his formula debut at his local track in March.

Will we see 33 Terry Harris return in 2015? It is looking likely.

Most of the drivers are continuing in 2015 which is great but;

277 Karl Turner is unsure about 2015. This could mean that the Ahern Hire car may become available again. 35 Bruce Joplin is unlikely to return to racing action because of an industrial accident. His son had shown a bit of interest in the formula so hopefully the car(s) will not remain dormant for too long. 135†

Roy Williams will hopefully be back in a new machine in 2015, and has sold his current car to 3 Andy Faggeter.

By my calculations the formula should start the season with 17-18 cars at the first meeting. This should rise to 19-20 possibly more in March.

2015 will be the best year in this formula for a decade, The growth of the formula will be something we can all be proud of, Like the 2ltr stockcars, our future is in our hands. Let us all pull together again not only to keep the formula moving in the right direction but letís keep the formula true to its self, A fun friendly group of people who put on a great show for everyone watching every time the pit gate shuts.††

Best regards
Ste V8

Host of the slippin clutch

Last edited by Ste V8 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:38 am

Well done mate , very informative , very proud of that final win as didn't realise I was in such great company!
Agree with everything said as we have something special going and long may it continue.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:37 am

Hi,yes its looking grim at the mo for me,but i am having all the required work done to the ex piercey car,nearly done now,and i hope my son will pilot it soon,but i do hope to return once the probs are soted out,the ex 29 car will be used by roy williams,he sadly could not attend wimbo as the clutch refused to work when loading up for the meeting,leaving no time to fix it,but it will be in action and not sitting around idle,keep up the good work everyone,and it can only get better next year,merry xmas to you all

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top