buying bits

View previous topic View next topic Go down

buying bits

Post  pikey pete on Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:15 am

I RACED LOT,S OF CARS IN MY TIME AND LOADS OF TRACKS WITH DIFFENTER  RULES .IN MOST YOU CAN DO BUY BACK S ON ENGINES PARTS AND SHOCKS . E.G £ 95 PLUS VAT .IS THE PRICE WE CAN SPEND ON SHOCKS . AS A DRIVER COULD BUY ANOTHER DRIVERS FOR SAME MONEY .£95 PLUS VAT . DOES THAT INPLY WITH V8
I KNOW YOU CAN DO ENGINES AND SHOCKS IN SUPERS .                IF SO I WILL BUY a set off driver number ######### car .

I KNOW IT CRUEL BUT THATS RACING .

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: buying bits

Post  greatdane35 on Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:55 pm

no one will bother racing if that rule comes in,so you can shag your engine,then just go and buy another drivers engine?what about that driver with no engine?mm is it april fools day yet?

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:08 am

DONT WORRY BRUCE YOUR 100 % SAFE

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithOrgan449 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:05 pm

I think the idea behind it is actually quite good -I think the Brisca F2s have just introduced this too. Why would someone throw thousands at an engine knowing that someone could just buy it off you anyway....

Designed to try and cut down on money being spent, but obviously you're not going to make friends with it.

Keith
KeithOrgan449

View user profile http://ww.v8hotstox.com

Back to top Go down

Post  greatdane35 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:51 pm

my engine is nice,just dont like running for long times yet, Embarassed

greatdane35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:05 am

The Engine buy price would have to be £5k+ so that the selling driver can go and get a replacement straight away. Shockers is a given we can only spend souch anyway. If I had to sell my motor to someone for less than £5k you wouldn't see me again
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:52 am

READ AGAIN ENGINE PARTS NOT ENGINES .YOU COUL.NT BUY SOMEONE ENGINE COMPLEAT AS NOT ALL THE SAME .MABE A BAD IDEAR ON ENGINES .BUT NOT SHOCKS .
.AS FOR FREINDS ON TRACK THAT DONT BOTHER ME MUCH
WHAT THE PRICE TO STRIP A ENGINE IN THEASE THEN OR IS THERE NOT ONE

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:26 am

sorry , but knock this on the head straight away ,it wouldn't work , anyway we always help each other out and anyone can speak to anyone in this formula , be it about parts or advice , there have been borrowed engines and even cars in the past in v8s no questions asked , as I say if you can get parts cheaper anywhere then by all means get them , at the moment its all about cars on track , when we get to 30 or more regular drivers then we can sit down and iron out a few issues , rules etc.

Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:25 am

call them outlaws v8 then .spent what you like who give a shit as long as cars on track .IS what your saying ..the rules need a rethink .for NEW driver to come into .just coz you old drivers got half of chevys parts in your sheds/ means us new drivers got to pay silly prices .you offer us a set of heads when we were looking for some so did other drivers but did they come up  no they didn.t we had to buy a car instead .we have 3 cars and a rolling shell  not to fussed if I scrap the lot and go back to a stock car were the racing is fair to all drivers .COZ THE RULES ARE FAIR TO ALL DRIVERS .SHOULD HAVE A READ OF OTHER SPEDEWORTH RULES  WE AN.T RACING A NHR BOB

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 on Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 am

There's lot of hot heads coming out of this topic so think it's best to leave it way it is and just race wot we got for now I understand people don't want to have change or like change when been same way for so long also understand wot peters saying as in most rules out there about buying parts of other cars is coming into the rules more and more even the brisca f2 got the rule this year think the orci are trying to make racing fair to all

Faggy 259

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 am

No that's not what im saying!
I think I said if you can get parts CHEAPER then by all means get them and im sure not many would argue about it.
I race on a tight budget, ask anyone who knows me and if my engine blew then that would be me done for ages til I could afford it again.The engine cost me a grand and was complete minus carb so no big bucks there and has won twice since we fitted it and its only a handling problem with the car that is holding us back at the mo. And the fact that im too big for the cab doesn't help!
Don't understand the heads as I have 4 second hand ones here and would have given them away to anyone who needs them but no one asked even at the tracks to confirm they still wanted them and the offer STILL stands , as I say I thought we helped each other out in the v8s as we always have done and hopefully will continue to.
I dont know about buying parts off other cars as honestly I have never heard of it before it was mentioned on here.
Anyway on another point Matt has been making good progress with NGK SPARK PLUGS and is finalising a deal , which hopefully will grow as time goes on with them and their involvement with the v8s.
To be honest tho I will now take a step back from it as after supplying the Valvoline oil and the initial spark plugs as prizes we got very little feedback ( 1 person! ) so will now leave it to Matt and put my money into my car , but I know he will continue to support us as he has asked us to supply K & N filter numbers and is trying to contact them and other potential sponsors of the formula.
If anyone wants the heads I think 2 are vortec they are here , prob need the valves grinding in. got two rusty blocks 350 here as well if anyone wants to take them to rob parts off them etc.

Regards

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:49 pm

must be fully booked for ippy  next month with everyone helping getting all these car out far play to you all ...so far 15 booked in .didn.t we have that wimbo last time ..like rules nothing changes

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Well you got that wrong.... Been 17 cars booked in for over a week now! I have another to book in today making a total of 18....
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:05 am

well fuck me you do read and comment on here 18 cars still not that good is it didn't we have that at Aldershot for one yes one meeting . .what about the other issues do you have a comment on them or like every one else .head in sand comes to mind .was told by orci today that if a price is put on a part on a race car like our shocks .a buy back must be aloud by the promoter . ...await your respone

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:38 am

Response: Speak to who runs the formula! The promoter...

Well if you get your hire car out it'll be 19...19...19...19... I always thought Mr Wood was the Chairman of the board for ORCI?

Firstly tell me WHO is not currently racing due to NOT being able to find parts? If there is in the region of maybe TEN named drivers you may have a genuine case, until then we need cars on track before 'YES' we can then look at the future of the engines and rules etc...

Let's acheive a steady jog before we start to run, then we can like I said look at the marathon...

'Just my thoughts'

Regards Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 am

Mite drop to 17 as I done my back in last week and not getting better to fast but fingers crossed it gets sorted out I've 2 weeks to repair it

Faggy 259

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:20 am

sorry your not address the issue .why 10 people .cant even get 20 cars on track now .

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Question Exclamation Question Idea Question Exclamation Idea Arrow

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content