calling all drivers past, present and future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

calling all drivers past, present and future

Post  shotgun on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:04 am

i've heard you all moaning and groaning in the pits about this and that
now pikey has stirred the pot (even though he did use a heavy hand along with some my way or no play racers )
isn't it time to voice your opinions on after market parts which will come with sponsership (cause chevy ain't giving anything)
and free plugs or are you all happy just whining in the pits watching your formula slowly die ........

shotgun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: calling all drivers past, present and future

Post  $hammerman$ on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:26 am

If spedeworth had stuck to a rule change that dean put in place 5 years ago, after a drivers meeting. Which was to run only standard 350 Chevys after 2 years then either the formula would have died out or grown as everyone would be racing the same lump. I think that as we race under the "stockcar" name then the mane costs to a "stockcar" like ours is the engines. This should be the same as the person your racing against. I don't have a problem with people using Ali heads. If this makes more cars get out and race it's better than having just 7 at a meeting. However this is not the fix for me. One engine for all the only way you gain an advantage is through set up and driver ability, not how many ponies your packing under the hood. Oh and I would happily dress up as a spark plug!

Dan

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shotgun on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:16 am

So your not against after market parts as a means of lowering costs and increasing availability as well as bringing new sponsors and interest into the formula ?

shotgun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shotgun on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:18 am

I'll supply the suit lol

shotgun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  $hammerman$ on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 am

How can anyone be against something that could get more cars out. I would say that there's not one car in the formula that dosent race a standard 350 chevy engine with the same spec engine as the next car. This Is in the rules. There is no rules for an engine Other than a 350, it's do as you wish.

$hammerman$

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:53 pm

shotgun come say hello to me .
rob I saw the post funny a f .was not all about you, you would have fell over laughing.. also rob and brad sorry to hear your selling up .over this .thought you x2 boys were bigger like shotgun said don't forget your footballs

I better not ask anything again .if it upset so many .

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:55 pm

whoa there Nelly. 

I didn't say i was selling up because of anything that has been said on this forum or to my face at any point. I am of the opinion that EVERYTHING is always for sell if someone offers the right price for it.

I also do not have my stuff up for sell openly.  As discussed i sold my Balls years ago  Laughing

I am not racing at the next Aldershot meeting because i have my daughters birthday that day and she doesn't like racing.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:23 pm

I like the idea of cheaper parts. Easier to source parts. 

We do need another Drivers meeting / Chat about the formula because there have been some good ideas over the past couple of weeks. 

Perhaps the Drivers Rep could look into organizing this ?
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 pm

We don't have drivers reps, Mr Wood got rid of them/commity years ago... But would be a good place to put a vote together for a couple of formula spokespeople...

What you all need to ask yourselves or those with the new ideas specially, is the rules as they are stopping anyone who currently owns a car from racing... Have pretty must spoken to all the owners of the cars that are laying about and not one person has mentioned any of the proposed new rules as to why they can't or don't wish to race...
Like I said previously, rules do need to move forward but would it get those missing people on track in the next 4 months??? This is something to change for the long term to give everyone the best chance for change...

If I've not made any sense then please call me and I can maybe explain it better... If you dont have my number just ask someone who does, if you that serious then you'll find it easy enough...

Regards Daryl
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:34 am

your still missing the point .daryl ..what about the drivers you have now .don't they count .that shotgun hit the nail on the head .cheaper raceing and finding bits .please remember I only ask why can we not use them part .in the 1st place which I think got some drivers back up .but look at the view .it also got people talking good or bad who cares

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shotgun on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 pm

I might be wrong on this and apologies if I am but your not all racing the same spec as your using 2hand parts eg heads and each time there pasted on the first thing you'd do is have them skimmed which we all know is a way to get more power so if a heads been skimmed 3 or 4 times and same with a block how do you regulate is there a limit on the heads like on pintos would be nice to know for future ref lol

shotgun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:51 am

Hi . I don't claim to know the rules inside out either but I don't recall seeing a skimming limit on heads. The rule book is very basic at best

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:23 am

YES SHOTGUN YOUR RIGHT IN SOME STOCK CAR RULES YOU CAN ONLY SKIM THE HEAD SO MUCH .IN THEASE YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU LIKE AS LONG AS YOU GOT A 5 LTR .IF YOU GOT A 350 YOUR BUGGERED .CANT DO NOTHING .LIKE IT OR PARK IT UP

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:51 am

The last time an engine was stripped in this formula I believe was either after DB7 or Goodswin won there "world finals"
The rule book needs a review as like you say some small alteration may make it easyier for cars to be put back on track. Action man Harris has said there are no drivers rwp at the moment. You could also ask Spedeworth themselves to bring in a skimming rule along the same line as other formulas.

I am not saying we all phone them up tomorrow thou.

As a formula the core is great but we do need to evolve and change to move forwards. Its not as if doing nothing ever changed the world .

I would like to think that the rules can be modified to help . We are all after the same common goal. To put on a great show with as many cars out there as possible. See you Saturday .
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:38 am

Forum's been interesting of late ain't it. With a number of people stirring the    Mad   .
As Daryl and the rest of the Harris' thought reading one post...thanks for the tip on the head skimming, never knew that would help us!

I have an idea on what the problems are with the formula, personally it's not the engine rules. Though some tightening wouldn't go amiss. Some relaxation was carried some years ago to the detriment personally. I had proposed ideas many years ago and was blasted by those no longer in the formula!

The biggest issue I have with the formula is the tyres. I Don't like the Hoosiers and doubt I ever will. Only having TWO gear sets in the dougnash boxes (which was meant to have been part of the agreement to bring in the boxes) would also be of help.
Can't say how long I'll be racing before I decide to make a flower pot of the car or make it a museum piece together with my Dad's but suffice to say reading the forum as I do occasionally doesn't make me want to race much to be quite honest.

I find it quite tricky all in all, fighting with one hand tied behind my back trying to race against those who have external help with cars, setups and the like. Though I guess its all about who you know or employ.

A hobby should be about fun, the most fun I've had recently was racing Billy Wood at Wimbledon, other than that....

I agree progress needs to be made, but the racing should be about fun and enjoyment. Wouldn't cars entering the bends side ways and seeing drivers, race and drive the cars be more fun than it all about how fast the car can stick to the corner? Cars side by side drifting? wouldn't that be more fun to watch? If that was the case (with much less grip) then the racing would be more fun, doesn't matter about the engines, axles etc...it's all about the grip. We should be asking what spectators want to see, not what someone who races wants to spend on the cars.

As for old heads being more costly than new ones...try looking on ebay...Aluminium heads should NOT be allowed on 5.7L engines. Cast iron ones are perfectly available whether new or after market (provided they're GM only).

A little certainty would be good though from all quarters.

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:32 am

Can't really argue with what Rob has said there.

Tyres are aa issue for me also. I can't / won't put new tyres on my car each meeting.
moss8one5

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:28 am

HE A BAD PERSON THAT  stirring the Mad . BUT HES BETTER THEN HE,S MATE   Mad MYSELF ON A TRAIN.AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

SO DID YOU BEAT BILLY WOODS

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:57 pm

Please remember that this forum has rules against swearing. I know the word i have exchanged with the  Mad sign is only minor but please refrain from using it. 

There may be younger eyes looking at the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  shotgun on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:08 am

Try a thicker spacer under the carb to rob will give you a little more torque lol I like the sideway idea maybe whoever can hold the drift the longest in three laps gets a prize would be fun at a meeting with low numbers and would help new comers get to grips with there cars a lot quicker top two go head to head lol the more I think about it the better it sounds let the old racers and new interests compete like the old bovingdon time trials.....

shotgun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobV831 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:07 am

There in lies the problems (see posts above)...

No I didn't beat Billy, but that weren't the point!

RobV831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shotgun on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:56 am

Not sure I get you rob ? Weren't you on about making it more fun for spectators and drivers ? Years ago tracks did things like time trials and stunts, ramp rollovers and the like to entertain and involve the spectators you didn't need a licence and many had their first taste this way and have been racing since. Spedeworth was the worst thing to happen to racing they have sucked the fun out of it and distanced the fans ....
That's just my opinion I loved racing was a great family day out where you felt a part of it even if you weren't racing and when you were pleasing the crowd was more important to the driver that winning ......

shotgun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faggy 259 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:18 am

People pleasing is what I race for years ago loved to entertain the crowds must be why I've only got 4 trophys after 22 yrs of racing lol it's not winning that makes me race it's the smile I get from it and if I drive off the track had good day can't win them all or my case can't win anyway hey ho lol

Faggy 259

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pikey pete on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:34 am

YOUR RIGHT SHOTGUN THOWS WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS .DONT SEE THAT MUCH NOW DAYS ONLY ON BIG MEETING LIKE SPEEDWEEKENDS .

NOW WHY NO ALLY HEADS 0N 5.7 ENGINES .NOT GIVEN IT ANY MORE POWER .JUST CAN PICK UP EASER TO WORK WITH

THEM HEADS ON EBAY ARE POO AND YOU KNOW IT .I GOT A SET OF EBAY HEADS .DO YOU WANT TO FIT THEM ON YOUR ROCKET THEN YOU CAN BE A SNAILL .HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

pikey pete

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top