Thin end of the wedge!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thin end of the wedge!

Post  PRV8547 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 pm

So much for our promoter getting right behind our formula as he said he would, Ipswitch cancelled!!!!!!! Peter Ross 547

PRV8547

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thin end of the wedge!

Post  Fudge on Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 pm

How can you blame the promoter-he can only do so much. As with all formulas its the drivers that count and with only a few cars booked in what else can be done. There is obviously only so many times Spedeworth are prepared to use there time and money phoning drivers asking them to race (should it not be the other way round). It is the regular drivers i feel sorry for, they race week in and week out trying to keep the formula going but they seem to be fighting a loosing battle. There are so many companies (Mr Excavator to name one) sponsoring this formula its a shame they do not recieve the commitment back from the drivers. Come on V8 drivers support your formula. Rolling Eyes

Fudge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PRV8547 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:22 am

I disagree with the promoter because he appears to have already made his decision to cancel the meeting first thing monday morning after we raced at Great yarmouth on sunday night, without giving the drivers a chance to book in and get the numbers up. All that is being done at this stage is guessing how many cars will book in and not giving drivers the chance to book in or show any committment. If i was told when i booked in this morning that if they did not have, lets say 20 plus cars for ipswich by wednesday, we would not be put on, i would not have lbeen happy, as i am completely committed to my racing and the formula/promoter, but i would have understood the promotors commercial decision. After all I/we want to race against more than 12-16 cars, i/we want to put on a good show for the crowd and for spedeworth, i fully understand the promoters concerns about car numbers, but cancelling first thing monday morning on a guess is WRONG. Spedeworth is penalising/punishing the commited teams (we got in from Gt. Yarmouth last night at twenty past two in the morning and the wrong side of a £200 fuel bill) and letting the rest of the people who have cars and proclaim to be racers but who never or seldomly turn up to any meetings off. Fudge, i whole heartedly agree you, i am not arguing with your points, im just very disapointed that a disision has been made to cancel so early. Peter Ross 547

PRV8547

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  V819PMK on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:58 am

Hi Pete
I think if you read the first paragraph of the Spedeworth website news page it says it all."We can now accomodate more national bangers and split the heats".!!!!!!!!

Regards
Pete

V819PMK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:38 am

Hi All
I have to agree with Pete Ross, its no fun for you the drivers & us the spectator to race/watch a small field of cars going round & round, we all would like to see 20+ size field as the normal. The other week at Aldershot we had 20 or so cars there & it was fantastic. It has also been on various website that if 15 cars can not be achieved then they will be pulled from the meeting. This is as i'm led to belive to be the same for all formulars, so why last sunday then where the Lightning Rods alowed to race with only 14 cars in heat 1, 12 in heat 2 & 10 in the final. It seems the 15 car requirment went out of the window for this one. So why was there only 5/6 cars booked in for ipswich then? Are people away on holiday, or is it the fuel costs? Anyway lets hope we can get a good field for the Bovey meeting & lets upset the prison inmates with a large field of V8's roaring around the track.

Hope to see you all then
Take care
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello Luke

Post  PRV8547 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am

Dear Luke, we did not get the chance or were given the opportunity to book in for the Ipswich meeting as we were racing on Sunday night at Gt. Yarmouth, we all got back late from that one, and then Spedeworth took the decision to cancel Ipswich first thing Monday morning!!! Spedeworth themselves have stated that we need to book no later than the Wednesday before the meeting, so why the difference this time? Itís the promoter who structured the fixture list to have Gt. Yarmouth and Ipswich 6 days apart. Like I said before, so much for the promoter getting right behind the formula as he said he would. So far all they have done is pulled us from the autosport show, pulled us from Rockingham, pulled us from speed weekend, not replaced our cancelled Ipswich meeting, and now pulled Ipswich next week. Whats next??? Regards, Peter Ross 547

PRV8547

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:31 am

Hi Pete
Its a real shame that you & the rest of the drivers didn't have enough time to book in. I have to agree that the V8's are having a bad time of things right now, with the pulling out of certain events. These sort of things will not encourage new drivers to come over to the V8's. Maybe things can get sorted out at the drivers meeting being held at Bovey in a few weeks time. Lets hope so anyway. I fully appreciate the efforts of all the V8 drivers who turn out & race, especialy as like you said it cost near on £200 to race last time out.

All the best
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

cancelled ipswich

Post  robert16 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:33 am

hi pete.
i have to agree that it was a shame that ipswich was cancelled.i worked hard to get the ward car ready.but i will be at bovingdon and from then on allso,
i will have with me at bovingdon a brisca driver that wants to race v8s with us.that should say something for our formula.
jimmy rispins car will allso be ready as soon as possible and the hire car is coming along slowly as work pressure,s allow.
regards
robert

robert16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top