INTERESTED OF AYLESBURY.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INTERESTED OF AYLESBURY.

Post  bobdernob2 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:08 am

Hi all.

I was just interested to hear peoples veiws of the drivers meeting at Bovey. Personally i would like to thank
everyone who is helping our formula become more successful.Not only have we got the excellent MR EXCAVATOR
series, with news of a major sponsor i think this and next season? on the cards in British Airways this can only
create a higher profile and poss more drivers for the v8s so well done and thank you to the Ross crew for your
hard work.
I feel we need a home track similar to Rye house where we built up a following of v8 fans with regular meetings
and good driver support. Bovingdon has given us 2 excellent meets and i lost count of the people who asked me
when we were next on there. I took 20 paying spectators to the track who loved the racing and will go back again
and again ,and i bet there are a few more of you who can say the same.Aldershot is another track with local driver
support and well attended with cars so an argument can be made for this track also. so what are your veiws on
these and any subjects involving the future of our sport
Regards Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: INTERESTED OF AYLESBURY.

Post  jack on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:49 am

It does seem as though the V8s are on the up. Maybe everyone's just realised that they're a comparitively cheap formula, especially as the engines last season after season with very little maintenance. With regards a 'home' track, the ideal one would surely be Northampton! What do you think?

jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:46 am

Hi Jack,

I didnt think about Brafield!
The track is ideally suited and situated and could tap into midland based competitors.where do you think we
would stand regards getting meetings there? we have of course raced there before and went down well with
the spectators.Also we had our national championships at brum a few seasons ago and were very well received
there also.If the v8s continue to perfom like the last couple of meets then we will have hopefully a good chance.

it was Great to see Lee pearce racing v8s again and is Aaron morris going to get one?
see you soon.
Regards Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:00 am

Well i agree with Jack in that northampton would be a good base track and is ideally situated for the majority of V8 stock car drivers, don't get me wrong it's not ideal for evryone but as the old saying goes... You can please some of the people some of the time, All of the people some of the time but not All of the people all of the time... This will stand for anything we attempt to do in the formula with reference to rules, racing or even all getting on all of the time, but i do feel the formula is mature enough and has a good group of drivers that really want to push the formula forward from a gap filler to a headliner formula!!!! I feel over the last couple of months that it has come to light that other formula's and interested parties feel that running a V8 Chevy is expensive.... I feel our main aim is now to educate interested parties and other potential drivers that it is a cheap formula!!!
I believe that the initial outlay is so so but it's the running costs that are next to nothing and the work between meetings is a whole lot less...I don't change any gearing for any of the tracks and if built right first time the engine will go on for 4-5 years before any rebuild is required, although if you do pick damage up at a meeting they ain't as easy to repair as a superstox or similar formula due to the weight and how compact they are...I hope over the next coming months we can keep up the driver numbers and appeal to new drivers as we are with the 1300 stock car drivers, i believe these recent guys have realised how cheap they are to run and don't require as much attention for the general running of things...

More people need to use the forum as well!!! It's nice to have everyones views rather than those that just read about it and then talk behind closed doors!!!

Regards, Daryl...
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top