Pete Ross

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pete Ross

Post  Luke_Bantin on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:26 am

Hi just got in from Aldershot after watching a great afternoons racing by the V8's, but I was sad to see Pete Ross get hurt in heat 1. I hope that there is no serious damage to him & that he will be out racing soon. I didn't see what happened, apart from him pulling onto the infield & then slumping foward. I hope all is well.

All the best
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pete Ross

Post  Luke_Bantin on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:43 am

Any news?
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:51 am

Hi Luke,

I spoke to his wife yesterday after they phoned me offering me help with my car, Sarah said that he was still a little groggy but seems ok overall...I believe it was the steering wheel coming off was the cause!! Maybe on the seatbelt check the track staff do they should ask the driver to quickly pull on the wheel for safety reason...I couldn't see it hurting anyone or to much time..

Daryl.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:30 am

Hi Daryl
Thanks very much for letting us know about Pete, I'm glad that he is ok. I think your idea of the track staff checking the steering wheels are on correctly, when they check your seat belts is a very good idea, maybe you should put that forward to Spedeworth. So what is the damage to your car, I think its really nice of Pete to offer to help with repairs to your car. It would be a real shame if you miss the rest of the season because of the damaged you received last sunday.

All the best & thanks again for letting me know how Pete was
Luke
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harris Racing #32 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:17 am

Luke,

The car bent both front and rear engine plates and sheared a couple of bolts off in the side of the block, it also put a ripple in the rear quarter but luckily didn't do any permenant damage to the chassis... Hoping to get the car back out for Ipswich or the World final, need to repay that favour to the man who put me in!!! Don't mind a bit of one for one every now and then... Apart from that not too bad considering, I still had a headache at 11am on the Monday... The joys of racing i suppose!! As long as the croud enjoyed the race and it attracts more driver then that's all good..

Rgds,

Daryl, V8 #32.
Harris Racing #32

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PRV8547 on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:12 am

Hello Luke, Thanks for asking, all ok this end. Bent the car a bit but will have it all fixed for Gt. Yarmouth. MUST CHECK THAT STEERING WHEEL!!!!!!!!!!! Luke, if you can make it to Ipswitch on bank holiday monday, our team has a spare ticket for you??? Let me know mate.

PRV8547

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:55 am

Hi Pete
Glad to hear that you are ok & that the car is not to damaged aswell. I'm afraid that I can't make Ipswich on BH monday as work commitents won't let me, but thanks very much for the offer of the ticket.
Anyway Pete, get that steering wheel sorted & I'll hopefuly see you all at Wimbo for the world final in september.

All the best & keep safe
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:06 am

Hi Daryl
Thats good news if you can get the car out for Ipswich or most important the world final in september. Like you said theres some pay back to give out. I could see that last bend hit coming, you three where very close & like all good races the bumper went in. Everyone around me (spectators) jumped up with excitment. If the racing is like that all the time, the V8's will be us for a long time yet. I don't like to see the cars getting heavily damaged or the driver getting hurt, but fair & hard use of the bumper is fine & makes for very good crowd pleasing racing.

Anyway Daryl thanks for explaining the damage to your car & I'll hope to see you at Wimbo for the world final

Take care
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top