Black Crosses in Final Aldershot 10-08-08

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Crosses in Final Aldershot 10-08-08

Post  Luke_Bantin on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 am

Hi everyone
Well done to all for a great afternoons racing from the V8's. It was also nice to see everyone & have a chat. So why where black cosses shown to I think 3 drivers in the final as they went through the start line on there parade lap? (7,98 & 99) Any one any ideas?

Anyway hope to see you all soon out there racing again.

Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black Crosses in Final Aldershot 10-08-08

Post  moss8one5 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi Luke

From what i can gatther from talking to Mr Scott after the meeting they were shown the black cross because they didnt line up straight away for the final. And doing "a Warm up lap"

I personally think this was a tad harsh as when we pulled out for the final we were shown a white flag with a blue circle in the middle displaying oil on the track. So in my opinoin they should have been able to drive a lap to see were the oil was.

All together the racing yestaday was fast and furious with a big crowd and i hoped everyone enjoyed the day.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:02 am

Hi
I didn't know that you have to line up straight after entering the track from the pits. I have never seen this rule enforced before, infact I have seen many drivers do a lap or more before taking there grid positions in all formulars. Must agree that its a bit harsh especialy as you where all shown the oil flag on entering the track. I think the officals were up against it & the poor pace car driver was doing many peoples jobs, with lineing the cars up, controlling the infield & driving the pace car. He must of worn out his shoe leather.

Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moss8one5 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:14 am

Just been looking through the tinternet on the stoxnet site and came across this little gem from a hardened F1 Fan.

"I went to the Spedeworth meeting at Aldershot today - Historic Saloons, V8 Stock Cars, and Unlimited Bangers. A great meeting, the best selection of formulas you could have had for Spedeworth (in my opinion).

It struck me how impressive the V8s were round that track."

praise in deed.
moss8one5

View user profile http://peaheadz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:55 am

I just read the same artical & yes I would love to see the F1's at Aldershot in the future. I think though they may have to make it a saturday meeting or maybe the 1pm sunday start would be ok, just that Wimbo has been disapointing the last few times that they have been down south, because alot of the drivers are from the midlands or the north & they find it hard to get home at a resonable time & then go to work monday morning. Just think 30+ F1's roaring around Aldershot raceway. Just make sure you bring your ear plugs. What a thought.

Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top