world final

View previous topic View next topic Go down

world final

Post  mjg on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:52 am

Firstly congratulations to David Burton on becoming World Champion, thoroughly deservered and well done to all V8 drivers who made it a very entertaining evening's racing. I thought the World Final had a bit of everything in it and it made for great viewing. Pete Ross's new car not only looked good, but was quick too! & he could be one to look out for in the future. My son & I have only started following the V8's since the February Wimbo meeting and to be honest the racing just gets better & better, along with the cars themselves. Well done to all.

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: world final

Post  Grumpy on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:58 am

Anyone got any photos of the finals - Or any pics of Peter Ross new car

Grumpy

Grumpy

View user profile http://www.clubclass.org/hotrod

Back to top Go down

Post  mjg on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:42 am

Sad that Bovingdon will no longer be in use. Is it just me or has everthing to do with the V8's since Sunday's meeting become a bit quiet. Spedeworth's website is painfully slow & after recent comments on the site about the improvement in the formula, it's a bit disappointing that there is no comment at all.

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:36 am

Yeah well sad about Bovey especially being half an hour from us!! Just hope we get a few northamptons
next season . Glad you like the v8s and i am sure there is even better to come.
Regards Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

World final.

Post  mjg on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:09 am

Does anyone know when we might see any pictures from the world final?

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:39 am

There's a few to go on the site but they're mainly pit shots - will try and get them on later.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://forum.buygoo.net

Back to top Go down

World final.

Post  mjg on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:01 am

Hello All.
Just watched the DVD of the world final and that race had just about everything in it, great racing, slightly controversal moments and the black cross debate from the start, it's worth a look if you get the chance.

Just an observation but no glamour girls for the V8's on World final night (Spedeworth cut backs maybe),Pete Blomfield done a good job but I can't see a modeling career on the horizon out of it. ( only joking Peter).

Can't make Yarmouth (5th Oct) so hope the meeting is a good one, but will make the Wimbledon meeting in Nov.

Regards. Mark.

mjg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:06 am

black cross r a load of crap thats wot fast drivers get thats y ive got the gold/silver roof and southern and east coast masters

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  office boy on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:33 pm

i thought black crosses was given when people jump the start.?

office boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:45 am

shows how u no about racin could be 4 a few things wonder who has got the gold roof and before i forget the silver as wel ha ha

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  office boy on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:35 am

very sorry there i did think they was given for people jumping the start i do not know to much about racing just a fan of the v8s well done on winning all the championships

office boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 am

never mind a man that starts on pole position can never jump the start on a rolling start the others on the grid need 2 wake up then perhaps they could get the gold roof ha ha Cool Very Happy

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 am

Good point! But i remember quite a few years ago while racing at wimbo (when it was shale!) i was a white top starting behind a pace car and a certain mr skinner was behind me and started racing halfway down the backstraight pushing me to about 2 inches off the pacecars back bumper ( i can still remember the look on the starters face who was stood on the back of the car!) and i had to overtake the pacecar or i would have fenced it! i finished 5th and nothing was even said by the officials. Although Ian skinner had a good laugh about it! But he has a warped sense of humour. Where is he by the way??
Regards Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:58 pm

was that a closed grid like the world

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobdernob2 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:40 am

It was a meeting final which was started in close formation ,it was about 1980 though so i suppose the rules have changed.
But i must admit i thought black crosses were for the rod formulas! I wouldnt have known what to do if i had been shown one!
Hows your new car coming & is it the same style as the 08 car?

Regards Rob2

bobdernob2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:42 am

new cars good looks really nice not sure wen out in it tho not 2 worried got 3 to choose from Very Happy

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:26 am

Hi Everyone
Last year if I remember rightly at an Aldershot meeting 2 or 3 drivers got black crosses as they took the green flag, I belive it was because they did a warm up lap when they came out from the pits & didn't take up there graded grid positions right away, so yes black crosses are given out to any formular & not just the rods.
Anyway I'm looking forward to march for when the V8's take to the track again.

all the best
Luke.
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  7 WORLD CHAMPION on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:24 am

yea ur rite about the black cross situation its not just the rod formulas that get them they are 4 people that they dont want 2 win. at speedweekend i got a black flag in the final in my l/rod and i ignored it and i got a 3month ban from l/rods and i for my own eyes see the same thing at wimbo wiv the black flag situation in another formula and they got sod all so wot would u say 2 that 1. ??????????

7 WORLD CHAMPION

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke_Bantin on Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:19 am

I have seen many races where black crosses get given out, mostly rods though, then taken away at the end. Then other races they get given out & they remain, the drivers then get docked 2 places. There doesn't seem to be any consistency between races. It must be very frustrating for drivers with the lack of consistency, because it is sure frustrating for me as a spectator. I also think some times it depends on who you are. (If your face fits kind of thing), but black crosses don't often appear in the V8's, like I said I only saw them get shown last year at aldershot, which I was told for drivers doing a warm up lap & not taking there starting position right away.

Luke
Luke_Bantin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top